Gas Gauge

sectionone

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree it will only help the top guys but people also buy Raga replicas. If you can save weight on something why not ? i think the new raga bike has a 1.5 or 1 liter tank now. If there is intrest i can have tanks made in fiber/kevlar but i,m not sure you will gain much and it will cost.

New to trials but not new to motorsports and the last kilo,s lost allways cost the most :thumbup:

Kot it all depends how much are done the most work is in making the molds and i need a 1.5 liter tank to copy ofcourse or make a copy of my 2004 gasgas tank.The fiberguys don,t have parts, you give them the part and they will copy it. But let me check with Andy first about this please :thumbup:

Cheers,

EdHolland, no worries. coz i just got mail from Jordi Tarres he can sell me exactly same calbon petrol tank like on Raga's bike!

on the picture it is looks good like rest of his products. price is affordable also.

i think it will apear on his website soon.

my dream come true!

Great idea, I'll use it to tell how much gas I have left, as we go on some pretty long rides and I'm always wondering if I got enough to get back.

As for saving weight I'm all for it, just don't be like my buddy , he spent about $2500.00 to lighten his quad 15# but he was probably 40-50# over weight :thumbup:

He didn't appreciate me pointing that out :)

That will be a very light part Kot i,m sure :thumbup: if they use an autoclave to make the parts they will be very strong and light ! The "real" Raga bike is awesome in that it has so may small things helping to put the weight down. Please post some pictures here i would love to see the tank !

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

Hey KOT,

great weight saving tip coming up..

Take 2 SENOKOT tabs the night before a trial, (1 litre of concentrated prune juice or syrup of figs is a good alternative) and hey presto! come the day of the trial you will flush pounds and pounds of unnecessary ballast down the loo!

Paarp! :banana2:

PS have you tried drilling holes in things to make them lighter? :wall:

• 1 month later...
yes i can notice otherwise i would not bother myself.

Good-on-ya sectionone and kot !!! :gay:

I notice the difference in the fuel weight/height too. But then I only weight 57Kgs myself and I do ride a Sherco ;)

sectionone...Can you please explain how your fuel gauge works? As I'd like to do this on my daughters 02 TXT70.

EdHolland...I've been thinking of making a Kevlar tank caver. To directly replace the crappy decal (that's wasting away) on my daughters bike. Is that something you can do? Or provide advice on?

Best of balance.

Neo

Hello Neo a tank cover is not hard to do yourself it,s just a cover and not holding anything. But it will only add weight offcourse :wall: i took off the heavy stock decals and made my own saved 140 gramms there.

Hey KOT,

great weight saving tip coming up..

Take 2 SENOKOT tabs the night before a trial, (1 litre of concentrated prune juice or syrup of figs is a good alternative) and hey presto! come the day of the trial you will flush pounds and pounds of unnecessary ballast down the loo!

:gay:

No holes drilled here yet but it,s tempting ;) i love to make things lighter i have a trackcar that started out at 1180 kilos and now weighs only 980 kilos believe me you feel the difference in braking and speed. A trialbike is very difficult to improve i think balance is key there.

Kot, Have you thought of using the larger plastic tank Gas Gas UK supplies for long events especially the Scottish Six Days Trial? Its physically larger than the standard aluminium tank, but its actually lighter and you can see precisely how much (or how little) fuel is in it.

Great article Neo thats the right way to do it without an autoclave if you want nice parts.

I did some rc boats and planes in plain fiber without the vacuum bagging and they came out very nice. For a look nice effect you could use kevlar or carbon as the last layer over the cheaper normal fiber for a nice finish. If you want to make just one you can skip the molding process it will save you a lot of time.

Try it ! it,s fun to make your own stuff :hyper: use a well ventilated room because the smell is horror.

MPM any pictures of the plastic tank ?

Edited by EdHolland