2008 Montesa's?

proformance cycle

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason there are no '08s imported is because there are too many earlier models not spoken for. If they send over some '08's the earlier years will have to be discounted more. Then, when there are big discounts on the earlier models there is no demand for the '08s. Best not to send any over. We do have an importer and parts distributor, but I've never heard of Trialsage.

Sorry Neil, your info is incorrect.

All the left over 06 or 07's have been sold.

Martin Belair

US Montesa

Edited by Martin Belair

Martin Belair

US Montesa

Mr. Belair,

Are you talking about consumer level or dealer level. I haven't kept up since I bought a new bike in Dec. When I was shopping there were still some '05s and was told by a dealer that '06s and '07s were available. I'm sorry if my information is outdated and incorrect. A soft market sure appeares the likely cause for a lack of new imports. I talked to a dealer last month that had 6 used ones for sale. So, are they going to send some over or is it a big secret as to why they are not?

Edited by Neil King

Martin Belair

US Montesa

Thanks for the information Martin. After wanting one of these for years, I just put together enough $$$ to buy one, and BANG, they're no longer imported. What luck!

Now that all of the "leftovers" have been sold, is there any chance that '08s will now be imported? Is there even a tentative timetable for resuming imports?

Regards,

Bob Klova

Edited by bob_pa_usa

Thanks for your interest in Montesa, Bob. It is a fantastic bike. Sorry that they are not available.

It is no secret that the US Trials market has shrunk dramatically. The weak US Dollar has put bike prices up high.

The US market situation is being re-evaluated at the Factory/Importer level. We will see what happens for 09.

Martin Belair

Edited by Martin Belair

So what I'm not really clear on is if there are any '08 Montesa' anywhere for sale?? Are they sold out everywhere or could an enterprising individual get one from another country and just ship the thing to North America?

Edited by my4rt

So what I'm not really clear on is if there are any '08 Montesa' anywhere for sale?? Are they sold out everywhere or could an enterprising individual get one from another country and just ship the thing to North America?

They are available in Europe, just not in the UK. Although they are coming in, in the way yousuggest.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

I would suggest that before anyone tries to ship a bike into the USA from abroad that they do their homework. There are many federal laws and agencies to contend with. I would hate to see someone have their bike seized by US customs.

Dennis and I have worked together the since 2005 to bring in the Montesa until the factory suspended imports to the US last year. It was a collaborative effort.

Please read my post carefully. I make no claim to being the current importer. If I gave that impression I apologize. At the moment there is no US importer. The last thing we need is someone making bogus claims to being the importer.

I stiil maintain a close relationship with Montesa as I always have. I am only offering what I know to fellow trials riders who are looking for info about the current Montesa situation.

Martin Belair

Edited by Martin Belair

Thanks for the information Martin. After wanting one of these for years, I just put together enough $$$ to buy one, and BANG, they're no longer imported. What luck!

Now that all of the "leftovers" have been sold, is there any chance that '08s will now be imported? Is there even a tentative timetable for resuming imports?

Regards,

Bob Klova

Me thinks you might want to get that list of dealers from usmontesa.com and confirm that no leftovers are available. I don't know if Tom still has the one Cope mentions or not because I'm not looking for one, but it's worth making the call. If you really want one it's not going to take you long to find one. Once you get so far out of your home area shipping isn't going to be much more all the way from the west coast. Some say that they ship anywhere in the states for $200. As a side note, the soft market for Montesa started before the real decline of the dollar.

Edited by Neil King