Event Calender/postings For Us Events

kjax

Did I miss something? I haven't seen a place in Trials Central for posting US events and results. Just wondering if there is enough interest to create a separate calender or topic for US based clubs and organizations to post events and results?

I don't believe you have missed anything about U.S. results postings & schedules. I have seen from time to time (usually shortly after a U.S. National) results posting under the USA and Canada News section on the home page. I have also seen several result postings that "local" clubs have made in this section. I'm not sure how to post to the home page, but this may be the area to make such results postings. It would be nice to have a designated page for U.S. schedules (National and local) with links for further event information. I don't know if the T.C. forum would allow such "advertisement"?

A "customizable" front page is something I've considered previously so, lets say you were in the US, you could select so you got US News (along with the World stuff of course), US Calendar and US-based advertisers.

Providing what I've said tonight in this topic goes ahead then it will open up all sorts of possibilities. However, that sort of thing is a LOT of work and I'd only go to the trouble of customizable content if I thought it was actually going to be used.

Did I miss something? I haven't seen a place in Trials Central for posting US events and results. Just wondering if there is enough interest to create a separate calender or topic for US based clubs and organizations to post events and results?

I guess you've missed something. Besides the national coverage, I've been posting upcoming events and results locally for WOTA and sometimes NITRO since TC started. It's a thanksless job - but anyone can do it. You just have to do it.

Edited by City Trials

I have seen some occassional posts with event info from you Craig, as well a few others over time. Althogh that's great, it would be great to have a central point to go to for all (or at least most) US events. It sure would be a ton of work for you Andy. And since we really don't have any assuarance as to how well (or much) it would be used, maybe a start would be to place another "topic" or heading under the Announcements Category under US Trials and see how much acitivity we see. Then you can be the judge as to whether or not you go forward with a calender or not. A calender would be great, as it is a single location where a summarized version of all events would accessable. Lot's of clubs have websites, but not many show other club and organizer events. Just my thoughts....

Hey Jim, It sure is funny to see the word "Beta" under your bike description. (Isn't "beta" a fish?)

Keith

Please chime in everyone. Let's hear from anyone who has something to say about the idea of having a USA events calender, or even a custom front page for USA users. Thany you Andy for the consideration.

Keith

Well here are a couple:

CVOTC from their web site

Here is the tentative schedule

MARCH 16 LAWRENCEVILLE, VA

APRIL 6 DANVILLE, VA

APRIL 20 BUNN, NC

JUNE 8 DANVILLE, VA

JUNE 29 AXTON, VA

JULY 27 LYNCHBURG, VA

SEPT 7 AXTON, VA

NOV 2 BUNN, NC

NOV 30 LAWRENCEVILLE, VA

AHRMA from their web site

Date Location

Feb. 10 (Sun) Arizona Cycle Park, Phoenix, AZ

March 2 (Sun) Hardrock Cycle Park, Ocala, FL

April 4 (Fri) Diamond Don's, Jefferson, TX

TBD Perris Raceway Perris, CA

May 3-4 (Sat-Sun) Tucker Ranch, Cotopaxi, CO

May 17 (Sat) Two Rivers Racing, Milliken, CO

June 7-8 (Sat-Sun) Little Egypt Off Road, Marion, IL

June 14 (Sat) Lincoln Trail Motosports, Casey, IL

July 12-13 (Sat-Sun) Donner Ski Ranch, Soda Springs, CA

July 27 (Sun) AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, OH

Aug. 9 (Sat) The Farm, Chehalis, WA

Aug. 30-31, Sept.1 (Sat-Sun-Mon) Mosteller Ranch, Casper, WY

Sept. 5-6 (Fri-Sat) Bonneville Vintage GP, Miller Motorsports Park, Tooele, UT

Sept. 13 (Sat) Sandia Classic, Sandia Motor Speedway, Albuquerque, NM

Sept. 27-28 (Sat-Sun) Dickson, TN

Oct. 11 (Sat) Hollister Hills SVRA, Hollister, CA

Oct. 17 (Fri) Barber Vintage Festival, Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, AL

Nov. 8 (Sat) Aonia Pass, Washington, GA

Hope this helps.

Alan

2008 STRA Schedule

Rd 1 & 2 Trackrock Campground: Blairsville, GA Mar 8/9 ***Change since Business Meeting***

Rd 3 & 4 Hattisburg, MS **CANCELLED** NOW Whooping Creek, Clem, GA Apr 5/6

Rd 5 & 6 TTC: Sequatchie, TN May 17/18

Rd 7 & 8 Lenoir City, TN Jun 21/22

Rd 9 & 10 Cornelia, GA Oct 4/5

Rd 11 & 12 TTC: Sequatchie, TN Oct 18/19

Rd 13 & 14 Gadsden, AL Nov 22/23.

Edited by paul_thistle

ATA American Trials Association....Southern California

February 9th and 10th, SDTR two day/two rounds, Mc Cain Valley

March 1st, Plonkers, Lucerne ( Saturday, Start time noon )

March 30th, VOTE...El Trial de Espana...Lucerne

April 19th, California Youth Team Fund Trial and Year end ATA season awards.

Thanks all for the resonses. Andy, how about it, could you create spot under Announcements (USA) for "Upcoming Events" ? If this goes well enough, then perhaps the calended and customizable front page you suggested. (GREAT IDEA!)

Keep watching everyone, and post your thoughts.. Would you utilize this type of posting?

Keith

Michigan Ontario Trials Association (MOTA)

April 5&6 New Paris, IN

May 4 Flint, MI

June 1 Windsor, ONT

June 8 Metamora, MI

June 22 Whitmore Lake, MI

July 13 Vermontville, MI

August 2&3 Rose City, MI

August 17 Windsor, ONT

September 7 Metamora, MI

September 28 Whitmore Lake, MI

October 5 Flint, MI

October 19 Vermontville, MI