Brian Hutchinson

cynical

Anyone seen or heard anything about Brian Hutchinson (Stokesley) - He was a big hero of mine throughout the 70's and 80's, riding Montesa's and laterly Bultaco 175's. If anyone has any pics, please post, so we can see the farming genious in action. Cheers,

Anyone seen or heard anything about Brian Hutchinson (Stokesley) - He was a big hero of mine throughout the 70's and 80's, riding Montesa's and laterly Bultaco 175's. If anyone has any pics, please post, so we can see the farming genious in action. Cheers,

Brian Hutchinson :wacko:

I doubt anyone has photos of him doing any farm work !!

He was riding at the Richmond Club Boxing day trial and there were some photos on here but not sure if they had a photo of the long snorted legend :bouncy: ( well he does call me baldy)

When I lived in the UK during the 70's, Brian was in Stokesly - not sure if he is still there. I was in the East Yorks team with Brian (and Peter Cartwright, Jack Galloway and Rob Edwards) in 77 I think for the Inter Centre Team Trial, Yorkshire won as usual but we came second, was a good trial. Brian was riding the then new Suzuki RL250, I had one for a while but after 6 months got back on my beloved Bultaco again. Can't go wrong there. Glad to hear he is still out and about.

Cynical, if you are from the area as Hutchy I may know you too! I'll PM you to see who you are!

Ta ta, PeterB.

Hi guys

Apologies but been playing football followed by a few drinks so possible typos/bs!

Rode in trials in the 80s with Bri on his Bulto (sadly not as good as him) what a top bloke who could get grip from nowhere.

Met him at an auction in Stokesley maybe 6/8 months ago and got chatting - told me he didnt have a bike & hadnt ridden for ages (big surprise for me having packed in 16 years ago) other than something like a GSX600.

There was an old Fantic 300 for auction which I think might have raised his interest in the auction.

Anyway had a good chat and it was so good to catch up with him. Tried my best to get him riding again.

Seems like he has the bug again now as I have seen him riding recently, and its such a good thing for the sport (socially and competitively).

Anyway, I must just say its just so good thing to see him back riding nowadays.

Look forward to seeing you soon Bri, hopefully get out on my bike if I can sort myself out (still not got that van even after our chat at Rosedale!).

Cheers n see you soon.

Edited by Twistandnogo

There's a picture of him riding at Westmorland's Lonsdale cup last Sunday. Look at home page of TC at thev moment - Westmorland Motor Club - photos. It's the third picture down on the left on the first page, watched by a laughing Paul Lowther