Beta Problems

jack_h

Hey All,

been having problems with my 04 125 beta for a fair time.

We thought it was carboration at first as the spark plug keeps sooting up.

We now think we have sorted the problem out after folloing the Mikuni setup on the R2W pages but we are still having the same problems at the last trial, in the end we had to retire as the bike would not go at all.

At home have put a brand new plug in and after many kicks managed to get it to run for a bit but the plugs sooted up again and the bike won't run.

please help as my dads about to set fire to it :beer:

Thanks In Advance

Jack

what plug are you running in it?

I had a similar problem with my 03 270 when I first got it, it would only last half a trial before it stopped running and blackened the plug.

I solved it by putting a hotter heat range plug in it, an NGK BP5ES, they come as standard with a BP7ES but it was designed to run in the hotter weather of Italy/Spain. You need a hotter heat range plug to make them run right in the UK.

Hope that helps.

what plug are you running in it?

I had a similar problem with my 03 270 when I first got it, it would only last half a trial before it stopped running and blackened the plug.

I solved it by putting a hotter heat range plug in it, an NGK BP5ES, they come as standard with a BP7ES but it was designed to run in the hotter weather of Italy/Spain. You need a hotter heat range plug to make them run right in the UK.

Hope that helps.

Hey,

thanks for the reply.

We are already running the BP5ES

thanks again

Jack

Sounds like to me its running 2 rich if plug is black sooty try altering air srew or moving needle jet up or down a notch or try setting float height it could be flooding! Have you done carb drilling mod as this makes a hell of diference to how it runs and stops it p***ing fuel out! at the end of the day your looking for a nice brown plug hope this helps!

Also check the choke plunger is seating correctly, even though choke lever in off position dirt particles can prevent the plunger from sitting down properly, giving you over rich running situation.

You say this bike is an 04 125.

When was the lat time it had a piston and set of rings?

If it has never had one, I would do this, will make a massive difference to the bike.

hey Adsy

It was jack challoners bike (the one you told me about)

Im not sure about the piston and rings though. How much are they?

jack

jack_h Posted Today, 11:59 AM

hey Adsy

It was jack challoners bike (the one you told me about)

Im not sure about the piston and rings though. How much are they?

jack

I am not sure about the price, less than 100 quid anyway.

We had an 06 125, which ran intermittantly, and when it did run it was rubbish.

I changed, the piston and rings (the rings are dearer than the piston) and it was like a different bike.

Jacks bikes are always well looked after, but at 4 yrs old I would recommend the above.

Do you clean the air filter after each ride? If you don't this can seriously lessen the life of your barrell, rings etc.

Hope this sorts your problem.