Gt32 Swing Arm Spacers

sheffieldtrials

Alright guys

iv recently purchased a gas gas GT32 in bits, When i came to putting it back together the swing arm was very very tight to fit in, and really had to stretch the frame for it to fit. Its now overly tight and im guessin not correct.

the only spacers i could find where the ones attached the the bush that runs inside the swing arm bearings, iv currently got these on the outside of the swing arm touching the frame.

Has any one got a GT32 or know how they the spacing is meant to be?? are there other spacers that im missing??

any help would be appreciated

cheers

Hi there Sheffieldtrials,

There are two bushes that run inside the 2 pairs of needle rollers, these are the spacers that you refer to. These two bushes are inserted into the inside of the swinging arm such that the larger diameter faces up to the gearbox mounting area of the crankcase, they don't fit the other way round. There are no more spacers in this area.

I liked the GT32, my first Gasser. Had stacks of bottom end go but didn't rev out too high. Was a bit rich on the main jet.

Bye, PeterB.

Hi there Sheffieldtrials,

There are two bushes that run inside the 2 pairs of needle rollers, these are the spacers that you refer to. These two bushes are inserted into the inside of the swinging arm such that the larger diameter faces up to the gearbox mounting area of the crankcase, they don't fit the other way round. There are no more spacers in this area.

I liked the GT32, my first Gasser. Had stacks of bottom end go but didn't rev out too high. Was a bit rich on the main jet.

Bye, PeterB.

I agree with al of the above,i to had a gt 32,bloody heavy lump compared to my sherco,good bike though.

Change the bushes round,job done