Best Mods To Do To A Tlr200, Advice Needed...

honda_tlr

Right, having just found out my dad is getting a montesa twinshock I want to make my bike as good as it can be, I want to prove to him that I am still better than he will ever be on the old twinshocks..... :rotfl:

Don't say learn to ride the thing, check out my sig. ;)

So, I have Renthal bars ect, and wide foot rests , but what else will improve my TLR?

Would like to sort the forks, as there, well,... c**p... they don't rebound very well, don't think there is any oil in them to be honest. , and there is certainly no Air in them ..:S

But they also bottom out to easily off big steps ect. ( I ride middle route)

Also whats this I have heard about cutting the frame and making the steering angle sharper ? Worth doing ?

What other tricks improve the bike ?

One thing that is GREAT are the brakes, they have "I" shaped cams, not the original TLR "D" shaped ones..... but don't tell any one..... :P

Cheers, Jamie.

Edited by honda_tlr

I would LOVE to fit the whole front end off my 125 sherco thats lying about, they are different size stanchions to the TLR though, but am I right in thinking that if I can get the bearing races out of the sherco frame and press them in to the TLR frame, then use all the sherco bearing and yolks it will work ?

If not how could I do it ?

its the yoke post that need changing.you will have to grind or weld bottom of tlr post and it will tap out.then take out post of other forks then find they are different thickness.whoops now what.you should have checked out sizes first.i used to run four stroke 125 200 then 250,many years ago,main problem was clutch when hot,i did mods with washer cb 100 plates,bugger all differance.then i used mobile 1 full synthetic oil,a big improvement.