Any News?

trials lad

[Q] Sherco99. But where is the most creative, imaginative, technically most advanced country in the world? (Ssshhhh I think it's Japan folks).

They are very good at producing quality and reliability, but most of the ideas and creativity is copied from the US and Europe, fuel inj, they were probably last to use it in the Auto ind, they were still running air cooled in world round trials two years after every other bugger was water cooled, I think if you do your homework you will find they are good at copying and perfecting someone else's ideas.

Also the TY, and Honda trials bikes often have to do twice as many years on a model design as the smaller companies, and even when a bike is proven after a while many will change brands for no other reason than that, change.

On the the sound from the video, how the hell can anyone tell wht they run like, same goes for the Honda video, you hear the bike rev half hour after he's on top of the step, and I know the bike will sound a lot sweeter than it does on the video.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you all presuming that because Doug said the bike is soft that's a bad thing then?

I have ridden 'works' bikes and unless you are blessed with Doug's talent then they are a real handfull. So let's have the power soft, perhaps then we can actually use some of it!!

The best production Trials bike of all time (in my opinion) only ever won one world round, funnily enough that also had a very 'soft' power delivery, I am of course talking about the Yamaha TY520 mono.