Petrol Leak

taylo63

Hi All. I have an 06 Rev 3 which has appears to be leaking fuel from around the filler cap area. It normally leaks when the bike is being ridden, is shaken, or is on its side ( which for me happens a lot !!!). To enable me to get a good look around this area I would like to know how you remove the black plastic shroud that fits around the filler cap. I have had a tentative prod with a screwdriver but am a bit wary of breaking it. So if anyone know has any tips on how to remove it, I would be appreciate them.

Many Thanks

Having removed the plastic cover surrounding the Filler cap I found that one of the welds has broken away from the tank/frame and there is now a hairline crack which is allowing fuel to trickle out !!!. Has anyone else had a similar problem ?. I have temporarily covered the crack with liquid metal, but iam a bit concerned that it may get worse.

Does anyone know of a reputible alloy welder in the south east/kent that would be willing to carry out sucha repair???

Thanks

Guest iwilson

Had exactly the same problem with an 04 Beta and resolved by thorough cleaning and sealing with araldite. It never leaked again or got worse. I covered with aluminium model paint and it couldnt be seen. I saw the bike recently and the repair is still going strong.

• 2 months later...

Hi All

Having tried various liquid metal repairs the leak still exists !!!. I have therefore decided to get the tank welded and would like your opinion on which electrics would need disconnecting to prevent them from being damaged during the welding process.

Many thanks in advance.