Techno Ignition Problems?

davieboy

I have a 1999 200 Techno,had it about 6 months with no problems but tonight I went to the shed to give it a once over for a trial on sunday and it won't start.

It seems to be getting plenty of fuel as the plug is wet after a few kicks,though I cleaned out the carb anyway,just to be sure.

It has a spark but it seems very weak and not very blue.Tried new plug,cleaned all connections,earths etc but no joy.

Anyone any ideas,things to try? Rotor,Stator,Black box?

I bought a twinshock Bultaco 2 weeks ago and took it to a trial last week,though I took the Beta on the trailer just in case the Bult gave me any trouble.It ran faultlessly but I think the Beta is in the huff!

do a test on it first .dont buy another stator get yours repaired by steve hardaker at motoplat it will outlast a genuine beta one

What is the postage cost/time from Spain? The website does not quote any postage or turnover times.

I have a basic multimeter in the shed,will it do? Do I just measure the resistance between red and brown wires?

I am a car mechanic and M.O.T. tester but electrics/electronics is a black art I haven't much experience of.

Been out to the shed this morning and tested stator with my basic multimeter.Reading I have is around 260.I assume this is my problem.I have mailed Bradford ignitions,waiting for a reply.Thanks to everyone for advice.

• 8 months later...
Been out to the shed this morning and tested stator with my basic multimeter.Reading I have is around 260.I assume this is my problem.I have mailed Bradford ignitions,waiting for a reply.Thanks to everyone for advice.

Yeah, I emailed them and I'm still waiting for a reply - don't hold your breath! I'd phone them if I were you.

Hi All

I have a very similar problem however I seem to have 450 or so ohms across the coil. I found a diagram for a 1999 250 techno although mine is a 200, they don't seem to tally does anyone know if there is a difference or better still does anyone have a proper diagram please? I cannot really read the one I downloaded. On the socket from my stator I have 5 wires plus a yellow single and an earth making 7 in all, two of the cables into the socket give 450 (or so) ohms.

If I need to get the stator off, is it special tools to get the flywheel off - has anyone done it before? Any help appreciated.

I think my 270 Techno just uses a 3-legged bolt puller but it has been a while since I pulled mine off. Most use a similar type, screws into the flywheel centre. Available on the internet for not much from many places as well as plenty of bike shops. Of course there are many variations, I have a set of about 15 different sizes. If you use the 3-legged type careful you dont screw the bolts in too far as they can touch the stator and damage the coils...

HTH,

Cheers,

Stork