What's The History Of Honda Trials Bikes?

jeephoto

Howdy,

What is the history of Honda trials bikes? TL's, TLR's, RTL's, any others? What can you tell me about them? Years manufactured? Imported to US? Can you still find them?

I just bought myself a '75 TL125 that I am loving, but I thought the TL was the only trials bikes Honda made. I am reading everything I can about the marque, but mostly what I see on the 'net is about the TL125.

Can someone fill me in about this, or point me to a site with some info?

Thanks

Thanks, all.

I have been out of motorcycling for many years and things have changed very much. Since I bought my TL, I have been searching for all the information I can find on the trials scene. and Honda trials, in particular.

I seem drawn to the older style trials bikes instead of the modern "boomerang" style. Also, as I get older, the vintage bikes seem more attractive to me. I don't know if I will ever compete in trials, but I love the look of trials bikes and they sure are fun to ride. I even look forward to buying another bike and then restoring my TL to pristine condition.

I am slowly buying up pictures, magazines, brochures and parts concerning the TL. What I would really like to find is a copy of a book titled "Four Stroke Finale", but I know it is quite hard to find.

Again, Thanks everyone for responding.

• 4 weeks later...

:ph34r: Try the macc trials club which is a link on www.YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE.co.uk

A guy called John Hulme who is linked to the macc site has the largest collection of trials brochures on the planet, a lot of them dealing with the Honda range

• 2 weeks later...

I got a TLM 50. Its a twinschock and a bit battered, but a damn good bike to learn on. It weighs bout the same as the modern 250's so does not have bursts of power, though it always pulled me up the biggest hill the easy route has to offer. Brilliant bike, but would also like to find out more about about it. Only seen two others and the only pics on the internet are of bikes with different specs and colours.

one-dab-or-two.