2004 Sherco 290 Shock

louisdor

Hi Guys

Have been lurking around this great site for some time as a guest and what great info !

Eventually registered.

Does anybody know if a Beta back shock will fit into my Sherco? The reason for asking is i've blown

my shock 3 times now and had it rebuilt but it doesn't seem to last. Was looking at the red 2008 olle

shock as a replacement(i've heard this one lasts forever) but it's way too expensive for my pocket and can get a beta shock for half the price

but I think it's a long shot...

Any advice on which shock to get or what to do? Also i'm in South Africa so spares are not really available, is there a shop that I can import from?

Riding around on spring alone is no fun....... :)

Honest Opinion - don't waste any more money rebuilding the stock Sherco shock or buying anything else but the TRP shock from Jitsie. Total quality plus ample adjustments. Best bit is that the springs are sold matched to your weight. Doesn't look like there's a dealer is South africa but I'm sure someone on the net will ship you one.

Kal

:)

Ag nee wat. Nog 'n saffer..

Louis, die Rev3 shock sal nee werk ne as dit 'n linkless shock is.

Stuur my groete vir Charlie.

Perfect translation:

Ach ye f3ckin what? Use yer noggin ya duffer.

Louis the Rev3 shock won't work as it's a linkless shock.

Stirred my grote with Charlie. (not sure I'm happy with that bit)

OK I may have missed some of that 0 I dunno :rolleyes: but always happy to help out with my cunning lingual abilities.

P.S. I've had a 2004 290 for years with the standard shock and done no damage to it at all.

I'm around 120Kg and given it a fair hammering with big drop offs, fast moors, enough to smash up a rear wheel and need a weld job on rear of frame but no damage to shocker (yet), so maybe the rebuild is the problem and you were unlucky with the original?

Edited by bikespace

Better get used to it Bikespace, you'll be hearing a lot more of it. South Africans are leaving in their droves now. Whole suburbs in Auckland are South African now.

BTW Saffers don't arrive and go on the dole.

Your second line translation was spot on. First line: "Oh no, not another Saffer". Third line: "Send my regards to Charlie (Simpson)".

Edited by TooFastTim

Hey TooFastTim was not sure what to make of your afrikaans !:rolleyes:

It's good by the way will send your best to Charlie !

Yes SA is going through some big changes right now any some are leaving some are staying,

one will never know what to do.....Hope most of the SA's people you have to do with are

an asset to your country and not a liability ! Not easy to leave one's country of birth.

Sorry strayed a bit,

I've given up for the most part on the stock shock , I got it second hand so who knows what happened before.

Busy trying to order the TRP one but struggling to get hold of some shop that can ship to me.

Anyway thanks for the input guy !

Hope most of the SA's people you have to do with are

an asset to your country and not a liability ! Not easy to leave one's country of birth.

Oh gawd, a charra (from Durbs, you know) obstetrician got bust last week. But no, most are welcomed with open arms.

Can't really say much about the Sherco shock. I blew a Sachs on my last gasser and for that reason I bought a Raga, just to get hold of the Ohlins.

Yeah I see that Gordon's riding again, please send him my regards too. Do you know what happened to James McEwen?