"warn 0%"

honda_tlr

Thanks from me too AtomAnt!

Perfect!! Exactly what I've been telling the kids for years!!! The Principle of Perpetual Paternal Parental Pefection!!! :)

And now I've even got it in writing from an Amdinistrator!!! :) I think we need a halo smiley ...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Alan Turing (one of the Enigma Codebreakers and considered one of the fathers of modern computing) said "machines take me by surprise with great frequency". Kind of apt for a trials site! :P;):rolleyes:

Let's test this new system....

The above Turing quote was when he announced his new high speed 20Hp mechanised d1ld0... :o

HAM2 Posted Today, 06:34 AM

QUOTE (ranger17 @ Mar 12 2008, 07:35 PM)

As Alan Turing (one of the Enigma Codebreakers and considered one of the fathers of modern computing) said "machines take me by surprise with great frequency". Kind of apt for a trials site!

Let's test this new system....

The above Turing quote was when he announced his new high speed 20Hp mechanised d1ld0...

VVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, No one in this thread has a warning. The system works like this: If you fall foul of the forum rules ( as I said in a previous post ), you may get a warning. If you have had a warning, it will show a figure above 0%.

The purpose is to deal with people who abuse the forum rules. (You will normally also get a PM from one of the admins to tell you if you have had a warning)

In the main, it's rare to get one. Most people get a quiet PM sent to them to remind them what the rules are and that's the end of it.

Ultimately, if you have 0%, then you are well and truly perfect in the TC trials community :rolleyes:

Ok, understand the 0% thing, but why do people have different number of boxes?

It's the same as when you were at school-

The bad kids get more chances before any punishment because apparently they are being bad for the attention :rolleyes: so punishing them is giving in to them ;)

Whereas the good kids get told off soon as they do the slightest thing wrong to stop them turning bad :P

Edited by KSV

Blimey - I go away for a couple of days and come back to a three page topic on this! If only people were as observant when it came to reading the rules when they sign up as they are to spotting a wee graphic under their username! ;)

To clarify and expand on what Ian said. This "feature" is part of the Forum software. Initially it wasn't used, then as more and more users sign up and appear to click "I accept the Rules" without actually reading them it was brought in behind the scenes to let us track offenders who break the one rule on this site that is absolutely enforced and that is NO SELLING and it was brought in because it was said it was unfair to ban someone after just one post who might not have read the rules. My take on that is more fool them. The rules might say they sign over their house and worldly goods to me and if they accept them without reading them then so be it :P However, this is a compromise. It's an "Everybody is entitled to one mistake" compromise. Advertise something for sale and a warning is issued. That takes a user to a 50% warning level. Do it again and it's another 50%. 100% means the account is automatically banned. The little boxes don't mean anything.

I don't think we're hard on this Forum and the rules are fair and clear. No selling or wanted ads as we provide a FREE alternative - and no bloody text talk. Apart from that, it's a very easy-going Forum. Warnings will not be issued for Wanted Ads, but the posts will be deleted and the user privately directed to the Classifieds. Warnings won't be issued for text talk either unless the user seriously fails to get the message after being told privately. :rolleyes:

For 99.9% of you this won't make a blind bit of difference. It's the n00bs who sign up without reading the rules who will be affected.

Obergrupenfuhrer Andy

Could we have summat a little more entertaining than square boxes, like a big knob, if it's limp tha's safe, if it semi limp be warned, and if it's a full woody tha's ****ed.

Do we have a smiley for "Beer Up Nostrils" ? :rolleyes:

ive just found some under mine aswell the only thing i might of done is tell people that there is a practice day whats wrong with that !!!! we all are on the look out for somewhere to go its all very sad that they use this system as there is no help to find out why i agree with tlr good advise is worth alot where else can you put info like this to help fellow riders for free i thought this is what the web site was all about my apoligese if im wrong !!!!!!!

ive just found some under mine aswell the only thing i might of done is tell people that there is a practice day whats wrong with that !!!! we all are on the look out for somewhere to go its all very sad that they use this system as there is no help to find out why i agree with tlr good advise is worth alot where else can you put info like this to help fellow riders for free i thought this is what the web site was all about my apoligese if im wrong !!!!!!!

What actually have you found below your name? Have you found some coloured squares and at the front of it it says (0%) by any chance?

Please read my earlier post in this thread regarding how the system works and it should all become much clearer :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...