Trial Bike Security

edholland

Thats what the policeman said to me if it takes too long they don,t like it anymore and they hate lights. I,m not sure if it,s okay to post your new products here but i would love to see them i think the first one looks really smart !

But lights are easy to disable. We thought the lights would help deter the scum but it did not they either smashed them of moved the sensor around.

We still had four bikes stolen earlier in the year even though we had a very secure garage with alarms etc. We were lucky to get our bikes back but since them we have beefed up everything again with better alarms, stronger doors, locks, chains and some unorthodox measures. As said before though if they really want your bikes they will still find away to get them.

We have also started storing the bikes at different locations so at best we have a maximum of 2 in the garage at once.

Best anti thief deterrence I have come across was a guy who rebuilt his garage with a secret underground level where he kept his bikes and valuables. The trap door to the stairs was covered with a fileing cabinet so no one knew it was there. Sounds like a great ideal but just a pain to build and cost quite a bit of money.

Scott i,m glad you,ve got your bikes back :gay: looks like you tried everything and still they got away it,s too bad but thats reality i,m afraid. Problem is i rent mine and it,s 5 mins from my house i ordered a gsm alarm system on 12 volts that i will build in a welded box and install that first. Next will be something like RedVanMans solution i really like that !

Cheers,

Edited by EdHolland

I,m not sure if it,s okay to post your new products here

Don't think it could be classified as a new product or advertising or anything else that would contravene Andy's rules. As far as I am aware there is only one in existence and it's mine, unless anyone out there has made a copy. (Andy, no warnings please - I am one of the good guys.)

Back in 2001 we had two bikes stolen and the low life went to great extremes to get them. As the use of chains and ground anchors proved useless in preventing the loss of our bikes so we had to think of a more secure deterrent. Hence the frame locky thing. Unfortunately we did not get our bikes back.