Trial Bike Security

edholland

My garage was broken in last weekend they came for my car but thanks god some neighbours heard the noise and they went away. Problem is they did see the three bikes too i,m pretty sure they will come back for them. For now i parked them in my mothers garden but they need to go back sometime.

How have you secured your bikes in storage ?

Tia,

i use a good quality chain and padlock which is used to fasten all the bikes together and a ground anchor concreted into floor, garage is also alarmed and ive got cctv linked up to my computer, and always park car right upto garage door, but if the thieving scum want your bikes enough the will get them no matter what you do

I'm tempted to say keep a hungry rabid Rotweiler in the garage with your bikes!

However try these people for some of the best security chains http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/

I know the guy in the video and a few years ago he was breaking other manufacturers 'sold secure' and 'thatcham approved' locks and chains at the Birmingham International Bike Show infront of their retailers and customers. Apparrently he was asked to stop as people were taking their new found purchases back to the retailers stands and asking for their money back!

Almax chains may seem expensive, but it's cheaper than replacing bikes which have been stolen because you had crap chains on them.

(I'm not connected to their business btw!).

Combined with a good ground anchor and you'll stop most theives from taking your pride and joy away.

Shaun.

I like the idea of a ground anchor ! that should work and i agree if they really want them they will take them. My problem with chains is they are easy to snap those ba$tards have hydraulic cutters nowdays. They steal them from the firetrucks and cut through any chain easy but only if they can reach it !

Maybe i will weld something up using a ground anchor and the footpegs or some part of the frame to secure it.

Thanks guys !

They will get it if they want to, as has already been said, chains can be cut through etc. It is all about making yours as hard to nick as possible the longer it takes them to get it away, the less likely they are to take it, and unfortunately for someone else they will go and nick theirs instead.

I have my garage wired into the house alarm, and a ground anchor. Extra locks on the doors as well. If you have an integral garage or a back door to it, it is a good idea to drill 2 holes through the bottom lip of the garage door and into the ground and drop 2 pins/rods into them. This prevents them from prising up the bottom of the door and bending it out the way, and means that the garage can only really be opened from the inside easily. Also you can't see the pins from the outside, like the garage door protectors you can buy, so it doesn't advertise the fact that there is something worth nicking in your garage. A baby monitor is good in the garage aswell in with the other bit in your bedroom so you can hear anything that goes on in there.

A baby monitor is good in the garage aswell in with the other bit in your bedroom so you can hear anything that goes on in there.

I know somebody who did that and caught his missus and her taxi driver going at full pelt after her night out! :gay:

I can't imagine what it would be like to have to go to those extremes to protect your stuff , most guys I know don't even lock their doors.

I'm thinking we need some more gun control laws to help us get to that point of safety and security :gay:;)

I used to be the same, until I had 3 bikes, 2 of which were brand new , nicked in 1 go !!!

I had ground anchors made - just big loop of steel welded to a base plate, concreted in to the floor. Much cheaper than the purpose made ones. I'm sure they could get through the chains if they want to. Cameras, security lights, and the odd 'special device' help too.

I think I bank on being the ugliest and biggest deterrent in the street. I dream of meeting a burglar ;) I reckon I could mentally scar someone for life.

First burglar that I catch I plan to keep - after that I'll hand them over. We've just not got the room for more :gay:

Edited by bikespace

I think I bank on being the ugliest and biggest deterrent in the street. I dream of meeting a burglar ;) I reckon I could mentally scar someone for life.

First burglar that I catch I plan to keep - after that I'll hand them over. We've just not got the room for more :gay:

"Bring out the Gimp!"

bike_lock.JPG

This looks very nice !! it would make a nice mount for Dougie Pumpkins shotgun solution too :gay: did you make it yourself ?

I'm the one responsible for this concoction. Forgot that the web site it came from was still in existence as is now well out of date. The stand has been modified since these pictures were published to stop the tank from being removed to access the bar passing through the frame.

As said before - If they want your bikes they will get them. But if we make life a tad harder for them, hopefully they will give up.

If they want your bikes they will get them. But if we make life a tad harder for them, hopefully they will give up.

Thats what the policeman said to me if it takes too long they don,t like it anymore and they hate lights. I,m not sure if it,s okay to post your new products here but i would love to see them i think the first one looks really smart !