Week 60

Andy

rapley_header_beta.jpg

and the three riders who marked it out all held up their hands and admitted they got it wrong,

Just out of interest roughly what age were these 3 rider's that done the marking out?

They are all over 40, whilst I don't know their exact age I guess one to be early forties, one mid forties and one late forties. Does this help? PS sorry I forgot to include a headline this week!

Edited by Hillary

So a few riders set out a trial that was too hard, at least they tried. Next time, (thats important).Next time they set out a trial it will be better with guidence from more experianced course setters. Far to many riders probably only a few but still to many always winge wine and moan to easy, hard, wet, dry, muddy ect. We should all give credit and thanks to the officials with our brused and battered or in your case wet bodys.

Remember when you pick yourself and bike up for the upteenth time, somebody has given up their time to set out a trial. And your haveing FUN

Regards Pete

They are all over 40, whilst I don't know their exact age I guess one to be early forties, one mid forties and one late forties. Does this help? PS sorry I forgot to include a headline this week!

Yes thank you.

I need'nt rattle on about the young and old thing now.

If they was in there 20's --30's you could put it all down to them wanting it the style they ride instead of how the older one's like to ride.

I assist in setting out trials for the Scottish classic club and it is very difficult to please everyone.I look at certain sections and think they will be too hard but am amazed at the ability of some of the younger and A route riders who find it no problem.It is also very hard to judge conditions as a hillclimb can look easy on the first lap but come second or third it is a muddy mess and almost impossible for everyone.I suppose we are as guilty as anyone of using the same sections at the same ground year on year as we know they work.At least these riders were willing to give up their time to lay out a trial,so it turned out a bit too difficult,a lesson will be learned and do better next time.There is far too few people willing to assist.