Scorpa Side Stand. Where To Buy?

scorpalad

Hi all, had a cracking ride yesterday :) . I got an SY250 2005 whithout a side stand and I would like one, fed up of trying to find suitable trees to lean it up to. Where do I go to get one. Phoned Birketts and they wanted what seemed alot of money and they said they are rubbish, so don't want to spend money on rubbish. Tried company on Ebay that says he can supply any new part but never heard back after 2 emails. Is there anywhere that do them cheaper or can an alternative be used or has anyone out there got one they would like to part with? Thanks Steve :rolleyes:

If you're getting a new side stand go for the stand from the 07/08 models The earlier stands are made of 'toffee' and were redesigned in 07 - heaps better/stronger - you'll need to drill an additional hole in the swing arm mounting plate but from memory the stand

Correct - the 07/08 stand is the dog's @#$%^&*'s. Definitely the way to go. Earlier ones are a bit light on, especially for those who kick the bike over while still on the side stand!

WetFeet - We have some side stands for 98 Easy if you strike out in the UK. Easy stands will not fit Post 2000 Scorpa's and vica versa. The pins are in a different location.

Paul

Scorpa Australia / The Hell Team.

• 2 years later...