Beta 250 Keihin Setup

jmlfin

Anyone here who would tell me what carb setup to use with new 2008 250cc Keihin? Its brand new and wont work at all in low revs and stalls when even little bit in an angle. I have strong feelings its the float level, but would help to know what needle position to use, which jets and how much I should open the mixture screw. And this bike is not the first ones that were equipped with manufacturers note "please change the needle and jets to make it work". Nope.... my friend has one and its working nicely, mines not.... and he didnt even touch the carb although instructed so.

Edited by JMLFin

Thanks!

Would this be something that should be used in normal conditions, I mean, its still SSDT that requires in my understanding totally different setups if you like to finish the run?

Guest majestyman340

If its an 08 bike any doesnt work properly then surely it would be a good idea to talk to your dealer before asking for help on here?

Edited by majestyman340

hi there i agree there is a problem with the 08 mine was just the same but i didnt touch it till i had run it in even though it runs lean try and run it in without doing anything to hard and then set it up my mate did this and it was ok i didnt need to touch mine its got better since it was run in i rode the lomax a couple of weeks ago without any problems and there is some big stuff there there is a setting for the carb if you want it though its a bit difficult to explan so if you email me with your number ill let you know what it is good luck