Foot Peg Lugs

ladytrialer

hi, are the footpeg lugs made of steel ?? and are they easy to weld ?

i had my left peg knocked off on sunday in the ladies trial. finished it on one peg!

i know someone who welds but need to know if they need specil rods or anything

cheers :thumbup:

Hi!

Just tell the welder that the frame is ChroMoly and he/she will know what to do.

Cheers.

Jon

Had the same thing on an 04.Had it tig welded with stainless wire,the weld doesn't rust then.Unplug or better still remove all the electrics,high current welding can fry them.Doesn't allways happen but it's better safe than sorry with expensive black boxes

hi, thanks for the replys guys, i forgot about the electrics maybe getting frazzled good job you mentioned that thanks

i tryed to hold the peg on with a million cable ties to get me through the trial but they all popped in about 10 mins

so i carried on as best i could. :thumbup:

just had the peg lug welded back on and never unpluged anything, been out on it for a couple hours and its fine.

the chap that did it is an enduro rider (ec 250) , done welding over 25 years, said the currant wont do anything to it.

on this occasion (at least ) he was right. :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

That happened to john sunter on the second group of sectioins on tue of the ssdt, got it welded on the wed morning and it snapped again in the first section wed!!!!! he drilled and tapped a hole and put a big bolt in to get him round for two days!!!!!! and he still went flying passed me on the moors!!!!!! now thats hard core