How Long Should It Take For My Sy Fan To Come On?

godzilla

The fan on my sy takes ages and ages to come on, this only worrys me as i went out on my sherco and it can on in no time..

how long should it take? how long does yours take?

Edited by godzilla

I regularly do a whole trial and don't get mine to come on, especially if there's lots of queueing with the engine off.

If you're worried that the fan isn't working, try connecting the wires that go to the sender.

It's also worth checking that your coolant is up to level as lack of coolant will make the bike overheat but won't trigger the fan to turn on.

The fan is very quiet and can be difficult to see it turning whilst riding. I used to have some markers on a couple of the fan blades (a white sticker cut into 5mm squares) so it easy to glance down and see its running. On a cold day it can be ages before it comes on.

Edited by Timp

My coolant is fine, and tha fan works when bridged.. i can ride for five mins and no fan.

I'm sure that I can ride for longer than that before mine comes on. If I remember, I'll time mine next time I'm out to see how long it takes to switch on.

Decided to take the thermostat out for inspection. when i got it out it looked rough, so i got a new one and refilled the system with motul motor cool. the fan came on after five mins and started working as it should. clearly the thermostat was only switching on at a much higher temp.. all it cost was