Which Used Bike For

gruffchris

thank you i will look into it.

do you think the Scorpa for that price is better than gas gas or betas.

whats it like to ride and whats the build quality like, as i know next to nothing about trials bikes at the moment. but keen to learn.

Agree totally on SY250

Bulletproof, stable and easy to ride. Depreciation is not too bad either. For that price (at the top end), looking at a very good 04/good 05. Engines have basically never changed, and although tweaks along the way very little chassis wise has changed so I wouldn't worry about the age - go for a nice clean trialled example.

Ref. Boots, I had my gaerne's for 6 yrs and just changed. After much debate, decided to try a 'cheaper' pair. Eventually got a pair of 'Askew' boots from Trials UK, which were very resonable. Two trials in they are comfortable and do the job (and look ok!) - whether they will last 6 yrs is debatable but they seem good value for money.

cheers

John

I've never owned or ridden a Cota 315 so cannot really comment,I have heard they are a bit fiery top end.Others will know better.The Honda engine is bulletproof I think.

The only thing about the one on the bay is the 'never used in competition' line,I have experience of buying field/play bikes and they are usually abused.Tyres,chains and sprockets are usually shagged,oils are rarely changed,any old cheap lawnmower 2-stroke is used etc. You get the idea.My advice,leave alone and buy a bike that has been trialled and looked after properly by a rider who knows what he is doing.They are competition bikes after all they are made to compete.

On the bike to buy in your price range? Find the best Beta Rev 3 200 you can find.Dont think a 200 will be underpowered,they have plenty of go,lovely and soft at the bottom as well.You will find grip where other more powerful bikes will spin up.

Edited by davieboy

Thanks, what you said made sence i think i will give the cota miss.

I just saw the price and thought nice, but if it might be shaged then i will leave it alone. and i don't have the mechanical experiance to tell the difference.

I might just get one from a dealer.

• 3 weeks later...