125 Or 250 For A Beginner?

richard400

Could you help me please.

I am new to trials and have a friend selling a couple of Beta Rev 3's; one a 250, the other a 125. Which would be best for beginner? I'm 6'3" and weigh 14 stone.

I am more interested in improving my technical, low-speed riding (banks with roots, smallish rocks, etc) rather than doing huge step-ups. The 125 sounds more suitable but will it handle my weight? Will the 250 spin-up too much?

I have also been told that if I want to enter a trials competition then I cannot on a 125 as they are for under-16's only. Is that right?

The 250 is a 2005 and has been used once. It is truly immaculate. He wants

I would be 100% with the 250, If you can ride a bike with relative competance you shouldnt have any trouble with a 250, especially with the extra weight you may find the 125 frustrating.

I would say that if the bikes been stored well and only used once It would be worth what he is asking.

if you want to be certain, the best way is to try both of them and take it from there.

Where abouts are you from?

All the best

Tom

Go for the 250.If it is as good as you say,price is about right.

There is no restriction as to what size bike you use,you could ride a 125 if you wanted.

It is only if you are under 16 then you are restricted to a 125 for national level trials.

Gents

Thanks for all your advice. It seems the 250 wins it by a country mile. However, I am going to pick up both bikes on Saturday and try the 125 as well; just out of interest.

Tom - in answer to your question, I live in Harrow, Middlesex but I keep my bikes near Evesham, Worcs. Scorpa3 - you might be able to help me with places to ride. I hear Top Farm in Broadway is a good local bet.

I'm getting really excited now.

Thanks again.

Richard

Scorpa3, I recognise your Display Picture from somewhere, you dont by any chance go on the Honda Hornet forum too do you?

The picture was taken at Rhencullen during the 2000 TT Races, no Hornet I'm afraid.

I live in Harrow, Middlesex but I keep my bikes near Evesham, Worcs. Scorpa3 - you might be able to help me with places to ride. I hear Top Farm in Broadway is a good local bet.

Richard, No problem with Top Farm, let me know when you would like to meet up and a few of us will go up there for a practice one weekend or evening.

Pete