Union Jack Classic Trial

scorpa3

The regs are available for the Stratford-Upon-Avon Sam Cooper Union Jack Classic Trial on the 18th of May HERE

This is a round of the Sammy Miller Championship and will have two routes available to cater for all classes including sidecars, twin shock trials bikes and trail bikes.

entry is the post today; looking forward to it

- will there any arrangements for fuel, my 2-stroke twinshock struggles with 35+ on a single tank full

- will the start order be by class or by receipt of entry

Malarca, thanks for your entry.

The starting order will be by class first then by order of receipt.

Sidecars, rigids, pre-65, twinshocks, trail.

There is fuel available towards the end of the route at Troopers Lodge on the A44 before going into Dovedale although it might be stretching it to get that far on a regular trials bike tank.

Due to H&S regulations and Risk Assessments, we can no longer make (official ;-) ) arrangements to take fuel to the lunch stop which will be at Saintbury Quarry.

I will post the final entry list after the closing date.

There's been a big rush of entries in today, I will give more details when I have them but there are 112 entered so far!

The programme will be finalised on Monday after the last stragglers come in the post, it looks like being a full house this year!

Due to H&S regulations and Risk Assessments, we can no longer make (official ;-) ) arrangements to take fuel to the lunch stop which will be at Saintbury Quarry.

I will post the final entry list after the closing date.

not sure if the route is in the information you are sending out this week, but with Stu using my SWM 320 (poor fool :-) will need a refill at around 30 miles, will drop some fuel at Saintbury then (?)

112 entries is great, the two rounds this year in the SM series have been around the 70 mark. Looking forward to it.

Edited by malcra

In the ACU Risk Assessment that I have to fill out for the event, we manage the issue of re-fuelling by telling riders that all refuelling must be done at the petrol stations on route. At roughly 35 miles.

Here you will find the appropriate fire fighting equipment etc.

However....

The lunch stop will be at Saintbury Quarry ;) which is roughly half way around, about 20 miles.

Well, just a couple of days away and the club ready for action.

Weather forecast isnt too bright for Saturday but Sunday seems better.

The start at Blackwell village hall will have food all day with the bacon rolls being highly recommended. There is a luncjh stop at Saintbury Quarry with food there as well.

The big news is that we have a full house of 120 entries and have had to return quite a few.

We hope you all have a grand day out.

Looks like it's gonna be a good day out, pity i can't re-assemble the hundreds of parts which my bike is in at the moment in time. :wall:

Same here, my bikes spread all over the garage floor too :shutup:

You're most welcome to come and observe is you fancy a day out! :wall:

It'll be interesting to see how well Steve Saunders goes on a Beta Alp trail bike up against the top Classic riders on the hard route.

Edited by scorpa3