What's The Difference?

robbo

Hello peeps,

Just after a bit of advice if someone can help me please - I'm thinking about buyer a gasser (280 or 300) but don't know what the difference is between a txt & txt pro? Which is the best bike / engine to go for and are there any expensive bad points to watch out for? Any ideas on pricing would be much appreciated too! I've owned a few monts but now fancy a change (hope I'm making the right choice!)

Cheers,

Rob

You should have posted this in the Gas Gas forum

The TXT ceased production in 02, maybe 03 and is a different bike entirely, you can t get a 300 TXT either. The TXT was reliable but a heavier bike.

THe pro commenced production in 2002 and unless you want a bike thats five years old you will have to buy a pro.

The last big bore TXT was actually a 321, great bike. A bit heavier than the Pros. http://www.geocities.com/fn_owens/gasgas/01gg321.jpg

where the TXT PRO is a 300

http://www.geocities.com/fn_owens/gasgas/06gg300.jpg

They are different bikes. A dead give away is the right side engine side case and the frame.

One difference is that the Pro's have a black waterpump cover, TXT's are silver.

TXT's also have bigger frames and have down tubes that are stamped where the Pro's are more tubular. Same differences with the 280's. TXT321 was a better clubman bike as are the PRO300's, smoother engines and easier to ride. 280's are a little higher strung which the upper class riders like Expert riders prefer.

Edited by Ridgrunr