Beta 300

rlracer

I installed the beta 300 cylinder last night. Installation was farely straight forward, started it up and it sounded good. Got to ride it about a minute then it started to rain, can't wait till this weekend to see how it works.

Any one else have the 300 cylinder on, if so how do you like it ?

I was chatting to a bloke at the scottish who attmpted to have a go on one, he kicked it over and couldn't get it started so kicked a little harder and heard a loud crunch!!!!!! on inspection it had smashed the casing around the kickstart all the way in to the middle of the engine!!!!!! now according to him this has happened to four or five of the beta 4t's which have had the 300 kit fitted.

I don't know much about it but thought I would mention it.

Maybe some else can shed some light on why it happened so it doesn't happen to you.

they do seem to get a hell of amount of grip tho

Edited by thespikeyone

I was chatting to a bloke at the scottish who attmpted to have a go on one, he kicked it over and couldn't get it started so kicked a little harder and heard a loud crunch!!!!!! on inspection it had smashed the casing around the kickstart all the way in to the middle of the engine!!!!!! now according to him this has happened to four or five of the beta 4t's which have had the 300 kit fitted.

This is unfortunaly due to the bloke not kicking the bike over properly not a fault with the bikes internals. Four strokes dont need sunch a harsh prod like a 2 stoke to get it going, a smooth a consistant kick is what's needed. I've seen two 4RTs do similar things down here from people kicking them to hard.