Any Pics Of Co Day 3 Section 12 Submersion?

northernnorm

Just wondering if someone who was at section 12 might have snapped a shot of the $7000 Sherco sucking septage into its entirety.As the section I would vote as the worst one ever laid out at a real trials I would like access to a pic for humors sake. I am puzzled why in a ranch with over 1000 acres of incredible rocks the organizers decide to use a natural cesspool of black slime to send everyones high $ rides through. It turns out the only way the Pro line could be ridden forced the bikes down a log end to end and over parts of th Expert and Pro split cards ,:very mickey mouse. Coming in a close second for poor section layout was the opener for the final day that took 41 failures and 7 3's from the Expert class and 50 % of the Pro rides were 5,s with the other 1/2 3 's . Again involving an elevated log that needed to be gotten on and off with plenty of leg breaker holes to fall into ; turns out the observers decided to throw away the rules that state going backwards or having axle pass in front of both feet were not failures. Aside from those 2 rude traps the rest of the sections were really quite good ,for the Pros several each day were far from boring,set to give the several dozen spectators a real show.

Cope not Craigs bike $7500, Norm I was at the section and saw a video from a kid on his camera. They said when the section was set up it was dry. Maybe Pat should have used a stick as a depth gauge, just a thought. Lucky for Pat it was section 12, Brad and the guys a sherco did an excellent job of getting Pats bike running again in a short time. I did go down and offer to help. Norm has your boots dried out yet, it was a cess pool, nasty !

What added to the insult is that while the Shercos bowels were getting flushed I walked to the section to see what others would do there. Florin crossed the log seemingly maybe 1 tire was on the Pro plate counted as a 3 until he failed the last uphill, then Cody rode and got up the final rock but was clearly past the stake and floated the front back over and rode out for a 3 ,I have a hunch that he would have crossed the Expert Gate line of sight but cant remember exactly where the lower expert gate was stapled. We did spend 20 to 30 minutes there and Kip was poking a stiock in wherever he could access ,from on the log and around edges but no one wanted to spend the rest of the day with boots that spoiled I guess if some STAource wasnt repeating "Oh its about a foot deep" every few minutes I would have taken the walk.Oh except that for $50 a day we arent actually allowed to Walk the section with our riders.

Edited by northernnorm

Kieth was told he couldn't ride the log on his first loop, I asked him to look at riding next to the log and do a floater over, he checked with a stick, it was about 14-16 inches deep with a very soft bottom, he decided to take a 5 and ride on. I saw what you did on cody's ride. You mean you can't walk a section and say you were going there to spot ? Play the game. Didn't Brad Villand loaned you some dry boots, that sure was some naste water. Good luck to Patric in Japan.

So the checker s basically changed how they decided to score the section after several riders went ,that would seem to be reason enough to delete the section from the event results. Something to that affect happened on section 1 as well ,1st lap Pat didnt ride the 89 degree off camber wall instead tried to get on the log where the Experts were setting up but the front wheel slid off to the right and he pulled it back up ,then on the next lap he was alerted that since there was a non visible from above plate for the Expert line stapled near that area it would be a 5 this lap if the same thing happened. One more reason to really love the Sooner Cup where there was not a split card to be found in any PRO section .The best news for us as far as section 12 goes is that the black water didn cause a DNF as that would pretty much ruin the season.

How does a club host 110 plus riders over a 3 day period and avoid having major bottlenecks?

After last years Nats in Cotopaxi where bottlenecks were the norm, we were expecting the worst this year.

Only 2 sections on Sat. were backed-up.........Thanks RMTA for a Great Job.