Elementary School Demo

sirhc

For the second year in a row my 9 year old son Ty who is now in 3rd grade got to do a trials demo at his school. This time Ty wanted to do it on the black top since last year he had a hard time doing nose wheelies in the loose play ground dirt. I also set up a little section so the kids and teachers could actually understand what is we do. They even got to see him "5" the section the first time since I put a large wooden box for him top hop up onto with nothing at the bottom for help. He hadn't seen it before and took it a little too easy the first time, he did clean it on his third try.

It was fun to stand back with the kids and listen to all there comments. Every time he did a wheelie, nose wheelie or and obstacle they went nuts!

I forgot to take as many pictures this time. Here is the few I did take.

Getting up onto the trailer

ACF51E.JPG

Off the trailer. I tried to get him to jump off the trailer last year, but he wouldn't. This year he was telling me beforehand he wanted to.

P1010002.JPG

Over the teeter totter (is that how you spell that?)

P1010004.JPG

From the other angle

P1010007.JPG

Hey Craig:

Will Pat be riding the Indoor on the Saturday or even better, be available for any of the instruction at the TTC. Would sure love to meet both of you as it is a rare chance for me and my family to make this big trip! <_<

Thanks Craig, at 4'-11 1/2" (he really wants to be 5') and over 100lbs. he's a little big for a OSET. He does try trash his sisters though.

Paul, at 9 he will still be on line 3. I think the pictures make him look a little bigger than he is.

Edited by sirhc

Nice job TY. The part I am trying to figure out is the 3rd grade 4' 11 and 100 pounds. When I turned 16 my drivers liscense stated 5 foot and 100 pounds. That was only beacuse I lied. And now I fell like my belly weighs 100 pounds.

Oh well off the subject. Nice riding Ty. I enjoy the pictures every year you put them up and enjoys seeing you and your family come up to our Nor Cal events. Keep up the good work.

hop_sing Posted Today, 03:41 PM

Good Job Ty. I Have been watching this kid advance. Hope to see you this weekend. Brodie says Hi.

Unfortunately the gas prices are catching up with us and we won't be making many more of the trials up north this year :(

I had been wondering who hop_sing is. With that name I had been thinking "who up there is an oriental trials rider?" Guess now I know it's Joe. A long way from being oriental <_<

Edited by sirhc

Yep, Joe would be Hop-Sing. No Jive I saw you at the Cow Pile, but not last weekend. Brodie and I stayed up there and rode today. maybe see you on the 5th of July. Brown and tan van. Gas is going to keep alot of us from hitting all the events. Ty keep up the good work and you will be riding the Cody line too.