Ahem

da make

What you are asking for is not possible in this forum. Most people can only speak with experience on one bike. The rest is what they have heard about the others. You have to spend some time with a bike to really get a feel for it. Most of us do not get that chance to spend time on more than one bike during a season.

For someone to say a Monty is good in the slippery but bad on big steps is just silly. Seeing as how at any given time Montys will have the first three spots on the podium at the world rounds Im guessing they do just fine. On the opposit side of that to get a Monty lover to say anything bad about their bikes is almost impossible. Thats not because they are without though.

The bottom line is they all work better than most of us can ride. I believe the top rider in any situation will still win no matter what bike he is on. The rest is what feels right to you.

Aaron

Edited by AMiller

Why the bigger bike, if you have only started trials I would have thought the little 200 is big enough plenty of power but not too much that it will get you in to much trouble.

Yes I ride a 200 pro 04 before you ask.

Ok, my baad...

And the question about why a bigger engine...

I have tried two 250cc machines (Montesa and Fantic Section -97) and I liked the smooth torque especially at low revs. Thats something that 200 (173cc) lacks. I have found that 200 performs best at hi-midle revs. Not a real problem but...

By the way I have been into trials 3 years now but some of tou have riden their bikes 10-20 years or something. So I compared to you gurus I have "just" started.

Edited by Da Make