Hiro Engine Parts?

I have taken the engine out of my 87' Garelli 323 section today ready to do a freshen up its all original and has never been touched.

I've taken the top end off and the piston is looking a bit ropey even though the bike ran fine!!!

Anyone know where i can get a piston kit and engine gasket set for the Hiro engine????

Yes, parts are available for the Hiro apparently. I was speaking to someone a couple of weeks ago who has found a source in Italy who can provide them. I don't have any details, or contact for him, but he found them by trawling the net. So looking back through ebay Italy, also checking completed items, to see if you can find the pistons and then try back tracking from there is an option. Or just trawl the net as he did and you may find the supplier - they have a lot of stuff I was told, even crankcase halves.

I've been looking for a few years and followed up the Itallian e-bay link. I found Centro Hiro in Italy who apparently can supply most engine parts (I've seen photos of all the parts I asked for). I haven't bought anything from them yet but I now have two engines in need of overhall so if you PM me with your details perhaps I can add it to my shipment? They don't appear to speak english which makes things interesting!

BOSTIT - just clicked who you are - must be you Simon, the very man I was referring to above. Was going to get someone to ask you at Stourbridge tomorrow if you could remember their name.

If it is you.....

PS If it is you and you are going to Shatterford tomorrow, make sure you thrash Dean on his Honda for us.

Hi Dave,

Guilty as charged, had a good ride on Saturday until I 5'd the second to last section! Rode the ex. Nigel Mills Armstrong, this machine is definitely NOT for sale. Rhayader any good?

Yes it's a good bike, remember riding it many years ago.

Miller round was pretty good, little bit more testing than usual and with the good weather, great scenery on the ride round it was very enjoyable. Roll on the Classic Experts at the same venue in November.

• 1 month later...

hi i had recived a hiro350t from a mate that moved away. but finding any spare parts is almost near impossable. if anyone could pm me with the web site or phone number for the itay supplyers it would be of great help as i am trying to restore the bike as much as i can. atm i have made a new manifold for it but am missing head gaskets gaskets

• 3 weeks later...