Highland Classic 2 Day

The Inverness club once again put on a crackin trial at Alvie at the weekend. Well laid out and sections suitable for the pre65's and a seperate route for twin shocks. Well done to all.

So to all of you out there with old bikes, get themout of the shed and get there next year, well worth the trip.

I would like to thank those how helped me out of section 2 on Sun after I had a quick exit from the bike and cracked 2 ribs. Managed to finish, just, and was well chuffed to have amounted the highest score !!!!!

See you all next year.

The Inverness club once again put on a crackin trial at Alvie at the weekend. Well laid out and sections suitable for the pre65's and a seperate route for twin shocks. Well done to all.

So to all of you out there with old bikes, get themout of the shed and get there next year, well worth the trip.

I would like to thank those how helped me out of section 2 on Sun after I had a quick exit from the bike and cracked 2 ribs. Managed to finish, just, and was well chuffed to have amounted the highest score !!!!!

See you all next year.

What was it about section 2?

I fell off my Bult in the same section on the first lap and hurt both my hands badly.I rode the first lap in agony then retired for the weekend.

(I did observe on the sunday though)I only just returned to my work today after a week off.

Good trial and a great run out on the hill,a bit too hard for my ability though,some tight turns etc.

I'll be back next year for another go mind.

What was it about section 2?

I fell off my Bult in the same section on the first lap and hurt both my hands badly.I rode the first lap in agony then retired for the weekend.

(I did observe on the sunday though)I only just returned to my work today after a week off.

Good trial and a great run out on the hill,a bit too hard for my ability though,some tight turns etc.

I'll be back next year for another go mind.

Any excuse Fulton....... :blink:

Was a cracking run...mind you I only managed the Saturday and ended up with a cracked Scaphoid...and I was only observing!!! :)

Amazing piece of ground the Inverness club have there, the number of sections you could have are endless. Balance of the sections I saw was just about spot on.

Any excuse Fulton....... :blink:

Was a cracking run...mind you I only managed the Saturday and ended up with a cracked Scaphoid...and I was only observing!!! :)

Amazing piece of ground the Inverness club have there, the number of sections you could have are endless. Balance of the sections I saw was just about spot on.

Hi Donald.Hope the thumb is better soon.

You should have came down to Abington at the weekend there.We had a great trial.

Even though the weather done its best to try and spoil it.

Hi Donald.Hope the thumb is better soon.

You should have came down to Abington at the weekend there.We had a great trial.

Even though the weather done its best to try and spoil it.

Have to pick and choose my weekends off mate, don't get that many. Coming down to Thornhill next weekend (Sunday), only bringing camera's though, see if I can't drag that miserable old scrote of a father with me. I assume you'll be racing, was going to try and get a couple of piccy's of Hughie but don't know if the camera has a SLOW enough shutter speed :):blink:

Have to pick and choose my weekends off mate, don't get that many. Coming down to Thornhill next weekend (Sunday), only bringing camera's though, see if I can't drag that miserable old scrote of a father with me. I assume you'll be racing, was going to try and get a couple of piccy's of Hughie but don't know if the camera has a SLOW enough shutter speed :):blink:

I won't be there,sorry.I'm off to Ibiza on wednesday for 2 weeks.

I'm not so fast myself on the scrambler.Good fun though.

Thanks for the kind words about the Highland Classic 2 Day guys!

I didn't lay any of it out as I was unable to do so due to work committments that week, so I am not claiming any glory for it.

For next year, we will hopefully allow twin-shock riders of a "lesser" ability to ride the B route, leaving the A route a bit harder for the better twin-shock competitors, that's about the only changes required really.

We could do with a few more riders in both the Pre-65 and twinshock classes, just to make it more worthwhile, we are getting there, the event is gaining in populaity and from the comments I heard, there are some who will definately bring a mate with them next year.

Good to see Ken O'Brien up from Oxford and the Irish contingent; "Danman" and of course my friend "Greeves" from Madrid!

I have heard that there will be a "feature" on Todo Trial website about Alvie soon!

See date at the bottom of my posting for 2009, all being well.

Cheers,

Big John

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Good photo of you there as well Ross, hope you will come back to Alvie next year?

Big John

Hi John

I would ride alot more often if there were more pre 65 trials (your comments elsewhere are spot on)

Definatly planning on coming next year.

Going down to Kendal on 16 / 17 August, heard its really good, and a bit of a challange !

Trial on Saturday, Scramble on Sunday.

Ross

Hi John

I would ride alot more often if there were more pre 65 trials (your comments elsewhere are spot on)

Definatly planning on coming next year.

Going down to Kendal on 16 / 17 August, heard its really good, and a bit of a challange !

Trial on Saturday, Scramble on Sunday.

Ross

Hi Ross,

Was planning Kendal this year but I'm a bit busy at work at the moment, so can't manage it! I have heard before that the Kendal Classic is a very good event, pass the word round when you are there that the guys should mark the Highland Classic 2DT at Alvie date in their diary for next year!

Big John

Hi Greeves

Really enjoyed looking at the report and pictures on your site, brought back good memories.

Ross

Thank you Ross, sorry as I cought you with the feet out of the rest, but not really touching the ground.......

It is a pleasure to travel to Scotland to race trials, but a special pleasure is to meet the people there. Highland Classic is a fantastic trial specially for the people and the "crayk".

Hi Ross,

Was planning Kendal this year but I'm a bit busy at work at the moment, so can't manage it! I have heard before that the Kendal Classic is a very good event, pass the word round when you are there that the guys should mark the Highland Classic 2DT at Alvie date in their diary for next year!

Big John

Hi John

Unfortunatly I will not be able to tell anyone of the fantastic Highland Two Day Trial, as I have just received my entry returned after 2.5 weeks as trial now full !

Regards

Ross