Sherco 125 Using A Lot Of Fuel

shercoman2k8

Hi guys

Been having a few problems with my 06 sherco 125

Most importantly - The bike seems to be using alot of fuel, im running 80 ml's of the ipone strawberry stuff per 5litres of unleaded. The bike doesnt tickover either, could this be due to the same thing making the bike use more fuel. Any ideas whatsoever please.

The fan does not switch off but rather runs constantly. Could this be causing the above problems by needing to take extra power from the flywheel to keep it running, then using extra fuel to compensate for this, i dont really know, just giving it my best shot.

Cheers in advance

Jamie

Check that yor fuel pipe is on securly on both sides.

Check that you carb bowl is on securly. i.e the brass screw is on securly

as for the ticking over problem,

have you done the water proofing mods. if not search through the forum to find them. try in the sherco specific one. i got water in my carb 9 times out of ten before doing it (crap air box design)

make sure that your air filter is on securly and no dirt is in it. if it is wet (by water) clean it with petrol. of cleaner if you have any. the use a light spraying of PJ1 filter oil.

any water or DIRT in the air box is bad. get it out, dirt could score your barrle and you will lose all bottom end compression

clean the carb out, use compressed air, and make sure you remove the pilot jet (it is very small and will say 34, 36, or 38 on it (PS should be 36)). then put it back in again. fix it all back up again. and it should work.

altrenatively you could do what i done tonight and buy a 2008 beta 250.

PS. i think that we will be heading out on sunday up the glen or up annat so give me a PM with your phone number and ill phone you an saturday night.

well ive had the carb to bits and the floats were free. they could move on there support easily. compressor unfortuantly was being lent to a mate for his bike, really slow puncture on the front.

no hurry though as i was out on the bike earlier and have ripped the valve clean out the tube on the back, arent using tubeless due to slight rim damage, have done this several times now, dont know how

• 2 weeks later...