Handlebar Height

penno350

I'm a six foot one ish white route warrior and enjoy my 2003 315r immensely. However, after riding it for any length of time I always have a stiff neck and top of shoulders. The standard bars seem pretty flat and I am wondering if they are perhaps too low. Has anybody else experienced similar, changed bars etc? or is it just that I am a KOS! :)

Don't know what my riding style is yet! General question was aimed at checking if it was a general problem on the 315 for taller riders and looking for general recommendation on the best bars. Rather than spend a fortune on trial and error no pun intended:guinness:

Don't know what my riding style is yet! General question was aimed at checking if it was a general problem on the 315 for taller riders and looking for general recommendation on the best bars. Rather than spend a fortune on trial and error no pun intended:guinness:

The more you bend your legs the less of a reach you'll have to the bars. So, if you don't want to bend your legs so much then fit higher bars.

I made myself a couple of risers out of some 10mm ally plate to pick the bars up a bit. Nice and cheap and easy to remove if they're no good. I have the same problem as you and felt like the bars needed to be higher. I've not ridden enough yet with them on to know if I've cured it or not though.....