Us Indoor

Nigel Dabster Posted Yesterday, 10:01 PM

Any results yet?

1 Cody Webb

2 Will Ibsen

3 Pat Smage

4 Diego Ordonez

It was an awesome event. The top three riders rode great. They used some of the same obstacles as in the past, but set them up even harder. Things that gave Geoff Aaron, Ryan Bell etc. fits these boys flew up like it was nothing!

In the final round the top three where clean after several sections. Cody was the first to make a mistake as he got a little out of shape going down the stairs and put a dab down. You could tell he thought his night was over. The big moment came on the next section though when they had to go from the top of a big 6ft tall round plastic pipe on it's side to a long small narrow pipe running length wise. Will did what the section designers intended and dropped to the floor before jumping back up onto the second pipe cleaning the section. Cody then went next and lined his 3.2 4t up straight and made a perfect leap to the small narrow pipe getting a clean. After Cody made the leap Pat had to do it, but Pat didn't get the same lift as Cody and didn't make it collecting a five. Will rode great and finished all the sections with 0 points. Cody had 1 and Pat had 5. But we still had the races!! In indoor they have two races and the loser of the races gets an extra point. With that Cody had to win both head to head races with Will to win which he did in spectacular fashion.

As I said it was a great night especially with the enthusiasm of all the kids from the youth event there and they gave out the youth overall awards during intermission.

Guys:

Just wanted to comment on what was an awesome event!! I am sad that there werent more people in attendance as the riding was spectacular! It was the first time for me to see all the riders ride in person. Impressions..... Smage is amazing and makes everything look efffortless. Will Ibsen is a very smooth rider and I think has limitless potential in this sport. I am surprised we dont hear more about him. Cody Webb, is very strong and his will to win was never more evident than that event! I know he thought the trial was lost when he took a 1 on the GG boxes, but never gave up. Pat made one error on the next section which opened the door for Cody, even though Will was the only one still clean to the head to head races. I had a feeling, knowing Kip and how he is, that Cody was going to just let it all hang out. He did not dis-appoint, absolutely pinning the big Sherco 4T in both races to come from behind and win the whole thing! You could not have scripted a better finish! Codys smile at the end said it all! We were cheering for him anyway because he rides the Sherco 4T AND, has a good chunk of Canadian blood in him! Congrats to Cody on a great win!

Steve