Just Bought An '88 Ty250 Mono And Need Some Help Please.

fazerkid

Hey All,

New to the forum, just bought a 1988 TY250 Mono that has been lying up and need some help please all the way from Meath in Ireland

Can anyone tell me what model i have?

Its not the Pinky.. i just dont get the r or n etc. bit. It is a Mono shock though for sure.

I cant source a manual.. Now a few threads down a guy has a link to a Manual but thats for a 350 not 250 :-(

Anyone have one to sell?

Im looking for a side stand too.

Also.. What fuel:oil ratio should i use? 35:1 im guessing?I have already bought loads of parts today from tytrials.co.uk and jkhirst but its the specific manual im really after.

Many thanks and hope to be on loads! Some great threads here already!

I have just promised a manual for your bike to a man in Dublin today !!!

Is there anything specific you need to know ? I could scan pages and email them to you before I part with the manual

I will have a look i might even have another, but no promises as its been a while.

The side stands were rubbish by the way (made from the worst aluminium ever)

I had an after market one fitted, John shirt made them but you had to take the swinging arm out to get it welded on. No idea if they are still arround. But forget about looking for an original

I have just promised a manual for your bike to a man in Dublin today !!!

Is there anything specific you need to know ? I could scan pages and email them to you before I part with the manual

I will have a look i might even have another, but no promises as its been a while.

The side stands were rubbish by the way (made from the worst aluminium ever)

I had an after market one fitted, John shirt made them but you had to take the swinging arm out to get it welded on. No idea if they are still arround. But forget about looking for an original

Sadly not me the manual went to :-(

Im looking for the whole manual... if you could scan it and e-mail it to me..i would be very gratefull and i would happily send you a few pints worth via paypal if you so wish.

rhyskellett@hotmail.com

If you are tight for time, ideally i really need the clutch assembly the most. Many thanks

Edited by Fazerkid

it is a very significant book so it would need to be in pdf form

need to sort the pdf bit as I don't have the version to make it , but if I can help I will.

probobly make it available to others, as it seems rare

then probobly get locked up by Yamaha !!!

Is it a red frame and gold wheel model ? as that makes it an early one. Plastic or steel tank? Later bikes had silver rims, pre pinky. There is a link on here somewhere to the TY models, which would help you identify it. :D

PS there is a stand on ebay at present, 2 actually but 1 finishes tonight.

Edited by bo drinker

Is it a red frame and gold wheel model ? as that makes it an early one. Plastic or steel tank? Later bikes had silver rims, pre pinky. There is a link on here somewhere to the TY models, which would help you identify it. :D

PS there is a stand on ebay at present, 2 actually but 1 finishes tonight.

Yea Red frame and Gold rims... Steel tank?

What is she?

Thanks

by memory its an "R"

early N had a plastic tank

then R had metal tank

then pinky was blue frame, silver wheels and back to plastic tank (and disc of course)

mechanicly I think they were much the same

hope all this is true but its as I remember it

Sorry to add to the confusion but I think it's a TY250S.

To know for sure have a search on this forum for the phone number for Yamaha, give them the frame number and they'll tell you for sure.

Mixture is 50:1.

EDIT: I have a manual for mine somewhere which I'll double check.

EDIT EDIT: I remember having this nightmare trying to date mine. I should have called Yamaha or Birketts but I didn't.... It got so confusing with later and earlier bikes seeming to come with either plastic or metal tanks. Best explanation I found was that the S was a street version fitted with a larger capacity steel tank and R was the one intended for competition. I couldn't confirm this so no idea how true it is.

Edited by tt5th