Beta Techno Doesn't Start...

lopche

Hi everyone, new to the forum, but I need serious help...

I've just bought a Beta Techno (or Zero, not shure) and I just can't start it...

It has a Mikuni Karb. and the situation is the following:

I've checked the sparkplug and it's OK (maybe a little low spark, but a spark is there), it has more than enough fuel and what happens - I clean and put the sparkplug, try to start the bike, after a while it fires, works unsteady and literaly drowns the plug in gasoline, so I reclean the sparkplug, refire the bike and so on and so forth...

Now I should probably mention, that my bike's missing a silenser and that also the electric regulator is missing and also I've found another electric part with three inputs, that sits under the fuelcap cover (between the frame/tank) that is also disconnected...

No Idea what to do, Please Assist...

Take it back and get your money returned. My experience is that a bike sold in that kind of condition has more than one thing wrong with it. As you fix one thing the next thing becomes apparent and so on. The deal may have seemed sweet at the time but once you are finished sorting the bike it will have cost lots and still be a piece of cr@p that you can't sell. Take that sucker back.

Thank you all,

Just for info, I've changed the spark plug with a new Denso one (for the bike exactly) and cleaned the carb and all of a sudden it fired and with a little carb tweaking, now it works and holds low rpm, but doesn't work good on high, probably because of the mising silenser and air filter. Tomorrow I'm buying the silincer and air filter and we'll see what happens...

Again, thank you all!

PS. Here's a link to a BG forum with picks BMW forum BG

I'll second the stale fuel idea, especially if it's now starting but won't rev cleanly.

I had a quad bike that sat for three months while waiting for gearbox parts and when rebuilt it started but wouldn't rev, checked loads of stuff then changed the fuel, problem fixed.

It's gotta be worth trying.

Hi, maybe this will help:

1. get a new correct plug

2. make sure the carb has the correct jets, and nothing is missing

3. take out the old plug, check the new one for spark and kick the engine over five or six times, then put the new plug in

4. put fresh gas with the right mixture

5. put the choke on, dont touch the accelerator and see if it starts

6. if it starts and can hold an idle let it warm up about 30 seconds before removing the choke

7. if it doesnt die, rev and see how it goes.

If this doesnt wok and the cylinder and piston are sound, then the carb or the ignition are the problems.