Golner Twinshock

pocket

Hi all,

Am getting back into trials riding after more than a few years off. Had a honda Seeley before several Yam mono's. Would really like a fourstroke again and twinshock for best of all options. Always thought the Golner honda's looked the buisness but could not afford one back then. Are they increadably rare and am I dreaming or can anyone point me in the direction of one.

Cheers Steve.

Gollner Hondas were TLR250 converted to mono, unless there was something else he did that I've forgotten about.

If we're talking about the Gollner mono, they are rare and usually expensive, but what would you ride it in. It's no longer a twinshock so twinshock class is out and as an air-cooled mono it's way down the scale in terms of competitiveness. However, If you aren't bothered about being competitive or what class you ride in and want a Gollner because you just want one to enjoy riding it that's a different matter and good enough reason to have one. Be a struggle finding one though. I'd start with wanted ads all over the net etc. There was one for sale a Stafford show last year that didn't sell.

Thanks Woody. You mean like this one !!

Golner 250

Maybe the mist of time has clouded my memories as thought he did some twinshocks too. I thought I saw one at the scarborough two day trial but it may have been a tlr with a one piece tank and seat unit. It did sound nice as well as go well.

Cheers.

I mainly ride a Scorpa Tys 125. a/c mono4 stroke. A cracking bike that suits me. To be able to ride in twinshock trials I recently bought a Tlr 200, pegs are lowered and slightly longer r shocks. I fitted high Renthals and a Domino throttle and it is a cracking bike. They are available presently at sensible money, there are a couple on the bay at present. Ellastone off road import them and have stacks of spares. As Woody has said Seeleys and tlr 250s are big money now but 200s are still sensible. :wall:

Thanks Woody. You mean like this one !!

Golner 250

Maybe the mist of time has clouded my memories as thought he did some twinshocks too. I thought I saw one at the scarborough two day trial but it may have been a tlr with a one piece tank and seat unit. It did sound nice as well as go well.

Cheers.

Yes that's the one. I have seen a few twinshock TLRs, both 200 and 250 fitted with the same Golner one piece tank/seat unit so as you say, that may be what you're thinking of. I think the mono conversion I saw at the show still had the standard tank and seat unit fitted.

• 1 month later...

I've got a Golner TLR200 twinshock. It has all the nice RTL bits in the motor to soften it off and is a wonderful bike to ride. As I ride Pre65 in the main when I ride this bike it is so good I can hardly ride it. Everything works as it should, nice suspension etc. Compared to a rigid girder bike it is a dream to ride! It still looks great with the one piece tank seat cover and alloy tank underneath it. It make it look much nicer than the original steel tank it left the factory with.

Yes, Bob did convert 250s into Monos, but mine is still a twin shock.

Have owned the bike for about 18 years and rode it in club trials for many years. I was a school boy at the time and most people were changing Only problem with the bike is I havent ridden it enough over the last few years but am looking to sort that out very soon.

The colours dont look wrong. Mine is a variation on that theme. It has the Honda orangey red frame and plastics that match the colour of the tank cover with a white swinging arm. My tank seat cover is the same as the one in the picture, just wth slightly different graphics, I think it also has another blue line on the tank cover in the white section, but that red coach line ~ I'll tryand fond some pics of the bike.

I have 2 new tank seat covers in those colours, 1 as a spare for my bike and another one. The colours are in the gel coat so wont rub off (unlike some on offer that require painting)

It can go a s good home if it's needed.

My friends' has a gold paint job with 'Golner' on it if I remember rightly. I'm seeing him tomorrow so I'll see if I can take a photo and ask him how original it is.

Edit: I don't remember rightly - white frame, black engine, with a faded red or orange tank and gold 'Golner' stickers. I'm waiting for him to text me a photo.

Edited by tt5th