Sherpa T Carby

scorpa4banger

Still having trouble starting my 76 sherpa T tried an extra fuel filter pulled the carby apart again and cleaned it all out seems to run okay but I think it floods way too easy

the float and inlet valve thing is all clean and in good condition but its still really hard to start oh and the spark is really good tried new plugs also

is there a differant carby you can get to work other than the Amal carb ? if so whats the brand size and spec's ??

also after taking the plug out and clearing it ive also tried the tipping it over to the side trick and it still is a bugger to start

any help would be great

cheers

We are assuming everything is clean.

Have all the wear-prone parts been replaced? Have all the jets been replaced?

Is the slide tight in the body?

Fixing the existing carb should be less expensive than replacing it. But many people swear that a Mukuni or the like is much better. They are too complicated for me. But I'm just a simple lad.

Hello Scorpa4banger

I had the same problem with my 79 Bultaco 250, It turned out to be the jet at the bottom of the choke chamber was blocked once it was cleaned it starts on the second or third kick .

Hope this helps

Eddie