Is A Sherco 200 A Good Bike For A Beginner?

men8ifr

If I had the choice I would have a 250 just because I like the idae of a decent amount of grunt and that's what most people seem to ride.

But I have put a deposit on a Sherco 200 (actually a 160) - will this be a good bike for an endur rider to start on?

Thanks for any advice

Ian

I've ridden a 200 sherco for 3-4 years and find it to be well up to the job. It's particularly good when you're tired towards the end of a trial as it won't fly out of your hands if your throttle control is waning, or if you're feeling aggressive you can fire it at rock steps without ensuing disaster as with bigger bikes. Also it seems pretty good at finding grip, and has the "light" feel of a 125 as opposed to a 250.

One thing the 200s seem to be noted for is more of a rattle from the engine (sounds like piston slap) than the other Shercos, so probably nothing to worry about if yours sounds this way.

Basically the 200 is just a good trials bike: don't think about the size of the engine, just get on with riding it and it'll do what you need it to.

The 03 200 I owned from new was very reliable and was easy to ride and maintain. It was popular with other members of my family as well, being a good learner bike with plenty of grip and forgiving handling. They can rev too and they sound pretty good on full noise.