'07 300 Pro New, But Blown Up

rodjackson

Hello everyone:

I am looking at a new 2007 TXT 300 Pro (homologated) that seized up during the dealer prep. Apparently, the dealer did not get the throttle cable seated and it revved to the moon until it seized. It has been fitted with a new piston and the dealer will warranty it for 3 months. Is there anything I should look into or be concerned with on such a bike? Could there have been lower end damage? What should I expect to have to pay for such a bike?

Thanks!

Rod

You dont mention how much cheeper it is over stock ? Personaly it would have to be considerably less to take the risk, unless I knew and trusted the dealer, and even then I would be checking the small print in the warranty. Also, any new bike that I had to consider adding flywheel weights / base gaskets etc ! Might be better options.

No worries steve, thanks for the apology. next time I ask for advice on something I expect to hear some good words from you, Ive seen you ride and its pretty impressive.

As for the flywheel weight, Id reccomend it, I had it fitted to mine and it works wonders, also had a long S3 pipe on but cant comment on how much difference it made because I cant remember what it was like before!

All the best

Tom

Thanks to all for the great advice.

The dealer wants $5800 for the bike, claims all he had to do was replace the piston and that the cylinder was "perfect"..... I am currently looking at other bikes while trying to be happy with my old '93 160 Gasser!

Rod