05 Beta Rev3 270 Rear Shock Issues- Please Help

pillar

A couple of weeks ago I stiffened up the rear spring with the proper tools. The adjusting ring was sure a tight one to turn like people say. I noticed that the shock itself was twisting a little bit each time I turned the ring. Is that normal first of all? I assumed it was.

Secondly, last night on the way to go riding we stopped at the gas station and I noticed something different about the appearance of the shock. I saw this yellow rubber piece the was laying at the top of the shock. I'm guessing it's a bumper that normal stays at the top of the shock to cushion everything when the shock bottoms out.

Is that right? Why is it not staying where is should? And lastly there was a little bit of oil on the rod.

What gives and what needs to be done? It still seems to work great though.

Thanks,

I want it perfect!

I think that bumper CAN move, not hurting anything. There should be LITTLE oil on the shaft, otherwise the seal IS leaking a bit.

As nothing lasts forever, ride it out untill it makes squishy sounds, then it is out of oil and you are out some jack! Contact your Bets dealer for the latest exchange program rates!

Anyone know if the Ohlins for Beta romour is true? :D