A Tale Of 2 Riders

slogger

Had a fab day on Sunday! let me explain..... Recently both of my kids had a full day at a local trials school. Well my son took to it really well and wanted to start riding so over the last month we go the bike, trailer, tow hitch, boots , helmet etc! we set off for our first practice.

After visiting a couple of local trials to see the standard of the beginners route, we found out about a local practice venue, which I must say was FAB! Just what you needed. A large field to practice the basics (moving off, stopping, gear changes etc) and once he was back in the swing of it, into the woods to mark out a few basic sections. 2 hrs later he was shot but happy with his progress. One section with a few turns and some roots, another with a bit of a climb up a staircase made out of logs and the final section in a stream (drop in, along the stream and up over a bank). He had a blast and is ready for his next practice in a weeks time.

Why a tale of two riders ? Well after about 18 years out of the saddle, my son kindly let me have 15 minutes on his bike (thanks James!). WOW what a difference to my old Fantic 240 and Whitehawk 200! I am now struggling wheter to go back to twinshock or get a modern bike. Either way once James is upand running, I will be back!!!!

My son has kindly allowed my daughter to also have use of his bike (as she didnt quite pick it us so quickly). So that means more visits to the practice venue on Saturdays when he is at work..............its going to be hard......................

I know what you are feeling like ! ( Well sort of ) After an absence of around 20 yrs or so, i bought myself a Gas Gas txt 250 05, and boy am i delighted ! :crying: I may be turning 40 on my next birthday but when i'm pulling on my Boots to head out for a spin, i have a Grin on my Face that's usually attached to a kid on Christmas morning ! I do wish that i had just went ahead years ago and Bought a bike instead of of " I think i will get another one soon" So go on you know you want too.................... ! :thumbup: