Sun/rain Switch

jandyb

I finally gat to remove the sun/rain switch. Or ignition mapping switch if you like.. As far as I know it has never been used and it is only a possible cause for failure.

Question is if the connections that is left under the tank should be together or apart to get full effect?

Thanks

-Jan

Jan,

The two positions of the switch either make or break the circuit. Remove the switch, choose the position you want and connect the two wires from the switch to an Ohm meter to find out whether you need to connect the two wires on the CDI together, or leave them separate. Dave

Jan,

The two positions of the switch either make or break the circuit. Remove the switch, choose the position you want and connect the two wires from the switch to an Ohm meter to find out whether you need to connect the two wires on the CDI together, or leave them separate. Dave

Ahh... smart! :thumbup:

-Jan

from what ive been told the two connections dont need to be connected for the bike to work but when they are connected it gives the sun setting which allows the bike to rev to around 10,000 rpm and makes the bike sharper rather than when its not connected it revs to around 8,000rpm and is abit smoother so it depends on which setting you want really but i cant tell the difference except from when on top end.

So does this switch turn the rain on and off ? Bloody clever

Haha.. Could have been useful :thumbup:

Seriously.. the switch has an rain and a sun symbol on it. What it does is to change the ignition point witch affect the power on the engine.

from what ive been told the two connections dont need to be connected for the bike to work but when they are connected it gives the sun setting which allows the bike to rev to around 10,000 rpm and makes the bike sharper rather than when its not connected it revs to around 8,000rpm and is abit smoother so it depends on which setting you want really but i cant tell the difference except from when on top end.

You are right. Just did the ohm meter trick and found that the "sun" setting connects the cables. Soo.. I had to remove the tank ...again :thumbup:

This is a 125ccm and I don`t think that lowering the power ever will be useful. Could have been something on my 300 though...

-Jan