Ahrma Upgrade ?

29r

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be willing to bet there would be no problem with starting a southwest and/or northwest chapters , as at this time I believe we are southeast

and midwest chapters only ... With a few members spread worldwide !

Glenn :D

• 4 weeks later...

I rode 7 AHRMA events last year (man that was a lot of driving). They very in difficulty, but can be a good challenge to the Novice. I rode one ITSA event, which was the most fun I had all year - well on a Trials Bike.

This year I'm riding regional events (CVOTC), on a Model 92 (1971 Sherpa T). I ride head to head with 2008 model bikes. I haven't won my class in an event yet - but I come out best in some sections. I don't know about you guys but I'm having fun.

You want to ride .... there are plenty of places/events. If your looking for trophies then thats another story.

I am an AHRMA member and I think AHRMA should allow any twinshock - I have email Ed. I really think that we as members should be able to vote on this directly.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
Leaked from the next Vintage Views:

So we know who's against. I'm surprised at Matt Hilgenberg. And even more surprised that Jeff Smith voted "for".

At 3-9 there is a little work to do. If Ed Peacock will recommend Twinshock, it may help some. But I don't know what his stance is... yet.

For the record, I am the one who submitted the rule change to AHRMA in response to many requests from AHRMA members as well as non-members. Statistical data in support of the request was provided as part of the proposal and the inclusion of the additional twin-shock bikes would in no way impact or detract from of the premier bikes since they would not be competing against these bikes. If you have any questions relative to the proposal, please feel free to contact us. Ed

I sent a supportive email to all the relevant folks. It should have gotten forwarded to Ed.

There has been some discussions on the future of AHRMA here:

Vintage Bike Racing

The talk has been centered around the Road Racing and Dirt Racing crowds, as that's where the money is in AHRMA. But it could have significant impacts on trials.

After looking at the class structures of ITSA, I may prefer them to AHRMA. At least my poor old M49 won't have to go against 199s and such.