Too Expensive And Easy

disc

broke my front brake lever at charltons thursday ridin the logs turned around on the bank lost balance jumped off and the lever smashed on a rock that was ok but then the lever moved up sending the throttle up making it rev like a bitch on heat sending it flying and it ripped the lever,

the thing insde the squidgy bit has gone missing like a bolt with a lil head on it, so if anyones riding the logs and rocks left of coming into the carpark and sees something like it, tell me cause i cant get my bike fixed for about two weeks and it already needs loads doing to it and if the piston is stuck inside ill have to pay 46 quid for a whole new lever and i dont have that kinda money at the mo and i already need new things like rear wheel spacers, new rear tyre, clutch & brakes need bleeding gear box oil needs changing, needs new fork seals putting on, needs light putting on and connected, needs a new grip, ect

the main thing is they should either make motorbike parts cheaper or harder to brake

:rolleyes:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its TRIALS!! Things are going to break...regularly. Yes, the parts are expensive...as with ANY parts, cars, other bikes, boats and anything else you can think of.

Im afraid its just wear and tear, and you should be prepared to pay out a lot of money for parts. Im guessing that your problems is that you broke/worn out parts in the past and never replaced them...replace them NOW. Your list will get bigger and bigger and it will get more expensive.

I wouldnt say trials is an expensive sport at all, I rarly pay out for parts, simply because I dont break them, and if I do I buy a new one...and that will be the last pay out for (what I hope) a long time.

If you leave it, then the parts and cost mounts up...and THEN it is an expensive sport.

I do agree that some parts are overpriced...although you cant use other parts, nore can you get them cheaper...so complaining does very little.

My old man's words still reverberate around my head when I'm riding and it's 25 years since he bawled them out at me:

"Keep hold of the bugger!!!"

"Get under it!!!"

Kept things cheap, and these days with half my arms and legs heavily reinforced with steel (well titanium probably) they don't break half as easily.

Everyone's 'appy :rolleyes:

I'd guess I spend 3-4 hours a week on bike maintenance. To be honest, a thorough clean, oil change, carb clean and the usual checks (spokes, bearings etc.) doesn't take that long but I quite enjoy tinkering ('er indoors calls it "pottering" - she doesn't know about the beer n' fags stash I have in the garage :rolleyes: )

You see these kids have the most enormous offs but generally walk away unscathed because they chuck the bike away, safe in the confidence that dad and his bottomless wallet will replace the plastics, levers and silencer on monday morning.

My policy is to hang on t'd bugger and if possible, cushion the bike with your body. <disclaimer>Obviously this isn't a good idea. Unless you don't have to work the next day and/or have very good health insurance.</disclaimer>

needs light putting on and connected

Thats really important................not

so you want me to ride in pitch black and ride into a tree and smash myself on it? ok great to know someone cares..

charltons is ok,good if you just wanna ride around for fun and theres about 5 or 6 sections, it could do with more

theres no pics anywhere i dont think

so you want me to ride in pitch black and ride into a tree and smash myself on it? ok great to know someone cares..

charltons is ok,good if you just wanna ride around for fun and theres about 5 or 6 sections, it could do with more

you won't be riding around charltons in the dark because in winter time the

gate gets double locked at dusk ie the warden put's another lock on,there's more sections available than that i suppose it all depends on your ability if it's plenty of section practice you want join scarbrough club, 140 acres,loads of rocks,and any other section you get in most trials

Edited by landrover

Disc you seem to get the wrong idea about trials and trials bikes.

Riding at Carltons (Which I Know very Well) or any other area in the dark will only lead to more broken parts, not necessarally on your bike :rolleyes:

So you do not need lights, most people take their lights off, if not fully they at least get rid of the loom, because it is a pain in the backside, and gets in the way.

My advice is rather than riding around in the dark, you would be far better channeling your time and energy at home in the garage sorting out all the other things wrong with your bike :)

So the conclusion is that you don't need to put the lights on and you don't need to get them working ;)

As Landrover said the club obviously do not want you practising at Charltons in the dark, and they are trying to take every precaution possible, to stop this.

you won't be riding around charltons in the dark because in winter time the

gate gets double locked at dusk ie the warden put's another lock on,there's more sections available than that i suppose it all depends on your ability if it's plenty of section practice you want join scarbrough club, 140 acres,loads of rocks,and any other section you get in most trials

the gates broken at the mo and it has been for 2 or 3 weeks and its quite easy to hoik the bike over the steps at the side as i done while iw as waiting to get my key

and the reason i want alight on in the first place is when i was going up the top a week ago it was half 8 gettin dark and the lil path going up is all dark and going into it is narrow and i smacked my hand on a branch thatw as sticking out and it hurt so much i fell off

yes i no dont go up that path in 4th gear in the dark ok but still

so this scarborough place, how much is it for the day or do you have to buy a mebership ect?

Edited by Disc