Honda Golner? On Ebay

stefano

Hello,

There is a Honda 250 tlr with modified frame by Golner. As I never heard about this bike I'd like to know if somebody knows something about this bike.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:B:BCA:GB:1123

Thanks

Stefano

The Honda Gollner was a conversion, carried out by Bob Gollner, dealer based at Waterlooville. It effectively turned the twin-shock TLR Honda into a mono-shock bike. I think Chris Griffen rode one at the time. I know a guy in Scotland who has one (g4321 on here), they are quite rare beasts.

Big John

hi

i used to ride for gollner on these bikes , he first modified a tlr twinshock , put on WES exhaust ,different tank and seat unit and a few other mods, then he modified the tlr 250 into a monoshock. Cant remember him ever putting a monoshock on the tlr 200.

His team down here was me as a schoolboy (think i was 14) and Neal Hubbard in the adults.

wayne

Edited by original

Griff converted the first TLR 250 to a mono, I watched him do it, he worked for Kenmar leasure at the time in Harrogate at the fleet repair shop, he must of cost them a fortune in free welding wire alone Gollner liked the mod and I think Griff worked with him on it a bit.

Don't know why, but every time I went by that shop, it stunk of fish.

Hello,

Thanks to everybody for the informations. I think that someone should write a book or make a site about english trials frame makers (Gollner, Whitlock, Frazer, Cheney) because there is a lack of informations about them. I also think that a huge work about trials in UK should be done. For example: vol 1: The beginning till WW1. vol 2: Between the wars. vol. 3 The 50' vol. 4: the 60' vol. 5: the 70' vol 6: the 80'. We could also make a subscription to finance it, for example 50

Hello to everybody,

I finally bought the bike, but there is nothing about it on the internet, I should be very pleased if you can send some pictures or magazine articles about it. You can post it to st_bianchi@hotmail.com or if photocopies I can pay for them and postage.

Thank you very much for your help.

Stefano

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Did the Gollner mod's only go as far as the frame or was any engine tuning carried out? I've heard a rumour about cam and gear ratio tweeks but may be just rubbish.

Hi 4stroke

No not just rumours,

but I think it was only the 200cc bikes that got extra attention, cam,gearing and front forks.

Bob Gollner also sold the modded 200`s in twinshock form,with the one piece tank unit.