Fm 350

jewboy

Pretty sure the FM350 was the Fantic 200. Dunno why they called it the 200, it was actually 156cc, but I must admit it had some grunt for a bike of that size (at that time).

I'm guessing yours is a standard rearward kickstart.

I never saw them, but I heard there were some later Fantic 200's with the forward kickstart (so presumably the 240 engine sleeved down (or with different barrel/head). I'd imagine they're pretty rare, as I was living in the middle of trials country at the time and never saw one.

Yours was a good solid bike in it's day. Good bit of fun these days too I'd imagine.

Edited by bikespace

Fantic did produce a forward kick 200 or rather it was done in the uk. I was actually a 125 with the 156 barrel and head fitted to it and not a sleeved down 240. They were produced about 1983-85 then replaced with the 201. Mike Hann who was a Fantic dealer at the time did a few mods to them (heavier flywheel & 240 side cover). I currently have one in my shed which is this winter's project.

Just managed to secure a forward kick 200 and after making its way through the tunnel , its basking in the late summer Dordogne sunshine with the other trials expats, Majesty and Ariel as we speak. Have spoken to Lee our resident fantic guru he has informed me of the differences regarding the rolling chassis, but would be interested if any body knows more of the history of this particular model.

Bon soir

Just managed to secure a forward kick 200 and after making its way through the tunnel , its basking in the late summer Dordogne sunshine with the other trials expats, Majesty and Ariel as we speak. Have spoken to Lee our resident fantic guru he has informed me of the differences regarding the rolling chassis, but would be interested if any body knows more of the history of this particular model.

Bon soir

the one i have here is actually a 125 professional. it came from holland so it has never seen a rock or a hill. i have fitted a 201 engine and am in the process of putting it together

@shazsdad Does yours have a FM250 exhaust front pipe or a FM450 from the 240. i have both but dont know which to use.

lee

Edited by Lee Harris

bought a fantic 3 years ago for my boys, had good fun teaching them to ride there first bike. now its stored in our shed, but i want to know what kind of fantic it is. it says fm350 on most of the plastics and engin.?

http://www.fantic.nl/

I found this website when i was trying to find out what model i had. It does say your bike is a 1980 Trial 200.

Go to the 'Motoren', 'identifictia' and then 'Trial Motoren' tabs on the left.

Edited by Williamd

I agree with Williamd,

I have an Italian book on Fantic, by Giulio Mauri that lists the FM350 as a 1980 Fantic 200. If you are interested, there are various specifications for oil type/quantity and lots of other stuff.

Bye, PeterB.

• Like 1