03 Txt Fork Seal Replacement

dabomb

Hey jon,thanks for the link.My 03 125 pro has 38mm forks.i was thinking of getting some from ,here,but the info is a bit confusing.What do you think?

The 38mm seals should work. The 125's kept the 38mm forks for a time after the larger models changed to 40's. 300cc's of 5 weight fork oil per leg should work to start with, or if you need a little more damping (on one side or the other) you can use Dexron ATF, which is about 7.5 weight and has appropriate additives, like a non-foaming additive. The GasGas forks can be set by oil volume, unlike the Marzocchi's, which must be set by oil level due to their cartridge design.

Jon

Hey jon,thanks for the link.My 03 125 pro has 38mm forks.i was thinking of getting some from ,here,but the info is a bit confusing.What do you think?

The 03 Pro`s with 38 mm forks uses 38x48x10 seals wich is just the ones You are linking to. Give it a go..

-Jan (no not Jon)

The 03 Pro`s with 38 mm forks uses 38x48x10 seals wich is just the ones You are linking to. Give it a go..

-Jan (no not Jon)

Thanks, Jan!

Just to point out to a lot of the U.S. readers who may not realize what the numbers mean, the metric seal: "38x48x10" means that the seal is for a "38"mm shaft (in this case, the upper fork tube), it sits in a "48"mm bore (the top of the lower fork leg) and is "10"mm thick, hence "38X48X10". Metric seals are a lot easier to figure out than the number and letter mumbo-jumbo the SAE stuff can be.

Jon (not Jan):thumbup:

Thanks, Jan!

Just to point out to a lot of the U.S. readers who may not realize what the numbers mean, the metric seal: "38x48x10" means that the seal is for a "38"mm shaft (in this case, the upper fork tube), it sits in a "48"mm bore (the top of the lower fork leg) and is "10"mm thick, hence "38X48X10". Metric seals are a lot easier to figure out than the number and letter mumbo-jumbo the SAE stuff can be.

Jon (not Jan):thumbup:

Thats right.

And another thing to point out is that in Europe Jan is a common male name. In the US I understand that it is a more common female name? I figured that out some years ago when I was running a site on my Yamaha XJ900. I acyually got a few marriage proposals back then and I couldnt figure out why I was so attractive to US men :)

-Jan

And another thing to point out is that in Europe Jan is a common male name. In the US I understand that it is a more common female name? I figured that out some years ago when I was running a site on my Yamaha XJ900. I acyually got a few marriage proposals back then and I couldnt figure out why I was so attractive to US men :thumbup:

-Jan

We're like that here in the U.S., if we think we've found a lady who rides an XJ900, heck, we're gonna propose fast before somebody else finds her!

I think it's the pronounciation factor as "Jan" is usually a female name here in the States and pronounced like "Jann", but one of my Swedish friends say that "Jan" is pronounced more like "Yahn" in the Scandinavian countries and is kinda the equilivant to "John". He may be "putting me on" (trying to fool with my head) like my Scottish Grandfather who insisted that "Jon" is pronounced like "Ian" in Scotland.

Jon