Sherco Electrics

shercoman2k8

You should be able to test the fan motor using a 12V battery.

If the fan runs via the battery, yet not on the bike, likely your rectifier is bad as it is required to convert the AC to DC power to run the motor.

I suppose you have already by-passed the thermo switch by connecting the wires together directly?

Hope that helps.

Ultra confused now!!!!

Tested it off a 12 v battery worked, bypassed the thermo switch and then tested off the battery and it doesn't. Could it be a loose connection anywhere?

I am not sure exactly how you have done this, yet basically, using a test light or voltmeter, you should have voltage at one side of the fan connector and none on the other as your tester is connected to earth(frame or motor). If you have a bad earth connection to the fan, you will have voltage on both sides of the two wires. If you have no voltage to either, you will need to backtrack on the yellow wire to see if you have a bad connection somewhere or a shorted wire. The yellow wire should be the input to the thermo switch, when connects to the red and sends power to the fan.

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

I am not sure exactly how you have done this, yet basically, using a test light or voltmeter, you should have voltage at one side of the fan connector and none on the other as your tester is connected to earth(frame or motor). If you have a bad earth connection to the fan, you will have voltage on both sides of the two wires. If you have no voltage to either, you will need to backtrack on the yellow wire to see if you have a bad connection somewhere or a shorted wire. The yellow wire should be the input to the thermo switch, when connects to the red and sends power to the fan.

Hope that helps. :lol:

Copey, you've solved my problems again, your a big help :rolleyes:

Cheers, the red wire was loose where it connects to the fan!