Ty Tank Options ?

polarity3232

Hello all ,i have a ty 250 (74) and i am having trouble finding a fuel tank . So i was looking around on ebay and saw some dt tanks that look identical , size shape , mounting etc.. ! has anyone ever seen one or done this before ? Im sure the ty175 tank will work but they are rare here as well , will the ty 80 tank fit ?? thaks any help appreciated ! CJ :thumbup:

TY80 small wheel tank too short

TY80 big wheel tank too long

TY175 tank too short

A DT tank will be too wide at the back end

Most twinshock Yamaha dirt bike tanks will "fit" but it would pretty lucky to get one that looks good. Even YZ125C tanks look strange on a TY.

Surely there are the later model (aluminium) TY250 tanks available from wreckers. They look fine on an A model.

David

alum C & D tanks are quite hard to find. Steel ones on ebay are common. The larger 'trail kit' tanks are quite rare here. I may have a stock yellow AB model tank. I will check. Not sure if it has the rear bracket intact or not. PM me an email.

Sold the twin shock 250's, so will be getting rid of the t/s stuff. I also have quite a bit of mono parts, and some TY80 and 175 to get listed here and sold off.

kcj

Hello all ,i have a ty 250 (74) and i am having trouble finding a fuel tank . So i was looking around on ebay and saw some dt tanks that look identical , size shape , mounting etc.. ! has anyone ever seen one or done this before ? Im sure the ty175 tank will work but they are rare here as well , will the ty 80 tank fit ?? thaks any help appreciated ! CJ :thumbup:

There is one for sale on Ebay from the USA right now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-TY25...emZ350110192707