Tyres

wurzel

Be interesting if it was as what would all the modern bikes do....

On a serious note I have no idea if that is true or not but if it is it would be a ridiculous thing to do. There isn't a decent tubed tyre available any more.

Dunlop don't make a tubed, Michelin's tubed is the old X1 only nowhere near as good, it's useless - try one in Midland centre mud. That leaves IRC who have lost the plot totally with their tyres. The sidewalls are so soft that they roll all over the place if you weigh over 10 stones. You may be lucky and get one that doesn't but nearly all do. I was running 6 and a half pounds in the back tyre on my Bultaco at the last trial and I still couldn't stop it rolling on the sidewalls. Needless to say, no grip with that pressure.

I've just spent a fair amount on some tubeless rims for my Yam, Ossa and Bultaco. If I can't use them in the traditional series then I guess I won't be riding in it any more, but I really can't see that it is true, surely..??

Really can't understand this 'no tubeless' stance in some classic trials - utterly pointless rule.

Heard a rumour that tubeless rear tyres are to be banned in the traditional series does anyone know if this is true as i am about to get my wheels rebuilt so i need to know which rims i can fit.

I've just spent an hour and a half fighting with two tubed tyres putting them back on my Yam rims having turned them both round.

I've had to resort to using three security bolts in the rear the stop the tyre from spinning on the rim, which if you think about it makes it 50% more bloody awkward.

I will definitely invest in tubeless rims just to save on all that p*ssin' about.

I've just spent an hour and a half fighting with two tubed tyres putting them back on my Yam rims having turned them both round.

I've had to resort to using three security bolts in the rear the stop the tyre from spinning on the rim, which if you think about it makes it 50% more bloody awkward.

I will definitely invest in tubeless rims just to save on all that p*ssin' about.

Me too for tubeless, both my yams got IRCs ,cant stop em moving on the rims :guinness:

This rule about no tubeless in the trad series seems nuts when its obviously harder going on an older bike with crap tyres?

Dont know if it's me but i've got an IRC on the back at the moment on the James. It's done the Classic Scottish 2 day and Robregordo 2 day and about 10 club trials since. I'm so happy with it when i next change i will definately fit another. Never had a problem with it moving on the rim, Akront with 2 security bolts, and find it gives good grip, won my class on it the last two times out.

Perhaps i'm lucky ? perhaps i'm insensitive ? perhaps i'm not good enough to know the difference? Just know it's been trouble free and i'm dead happy with it enough to say i'd never fit anything else.

Dont know if it matters but i run at 4.5 p.s.i. and ride in Derbyshire.

i bought a couple of the old michelin X1's and yes they are rubbish.

i contacted michelin and asked them to start reproducing them but they said use the tubeless tyres.

i suggest everyone emails them and complains! after all these tyre won countless championships and events over the years.